Melodyne Surprise

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

Melodyne Surprise

Post by jwarv »

I recently bought and installed Melodyne Studio, which I believe is the top level tier. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) All I know is that it has more bells and whistles than I really need. But I did need some of those bells and a few of the whistles.

In any case, as a result, I haven't been using the integrated version in Mixcraft because all the ads say is that it is only the Essential version. Hence, I've only used Studio standalone. Imagine my surprise to discover that Studio showed up in the integration into Mixcraft. I'm tickled pink. :D

I use the integrated version all the time now. Thanks guys!
FancyGoose

Re: Melodyne Surprise

Post by FancyGoose »

I upgraded from the Essentials to the Assistant version myself, and i've used it yesterday for a few hours to correct vocals in a few songs... it worked flawlessly while integrated in Mixcraft, although I'm having some issues when moving across a vocal track... I can't get Melodyne to follow the position where i'm located at in Mixcraft... :( I have to move around in Mixcraft and then move my position again by scrolling with the horizontal bar below in Melodyne... pretty annoying... unless there's something I have been missing?
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Not sure about that Fancygoose. I do know that the Melodyne cursor reacts independently of the general timeline. Probably for good reason. Then again, I'm still struggling with cursor placement overall. I'm a big space bar user and I don't seem to have mastered landing where I want to be. Maybe I should be checking out more tutorials.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Yes, your most current level or version of Melodyne affects all instances on your system.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

sjoens wrote:Yes, your most current level or version of Melodyne affects all instances on your system.
Bonus! Thanks.