im unhappy with this program

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ddsf

im unhappy with this program

Post by ddsf »

despite having pro studio mixcraft still seems so limited, and is a very underrated program that not a lot of people know about so theres hardly a way to look for specific tutorials which means theres a lot of things i dont know how to do like add staccato notes or add a muffler effect. melodyne feels stiff and when i try to pitch edit something it makes a weird screeching sound, its difficult to sample stuff as well. i just dont get it.
Mark Bliss

Re: im unhappy with this program

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hmmm, wouldn't it be great if there was a place to ask users questions? (Eh-Hmm)
Or a list of resources that might help a user get started? https://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewto ... =4&t=10807
Have you looked at the users manual?
Etc?

So I'll start-
Welcome to the Mixcraft users forum. We can help. :wink:
ddsf wrote:theres a lot of things i dont know how to do like add staccato notes
Need more info. Assuming you are talking about using the piano roll for programming or editing a virtual instrument?
ddsf wrote:or add a muffler effect.
Again, more info needed. What's a "muffler effect"?
ddsf wrote:melodyne feels stiff and when i try to pitch edit something it makes a weird screeching sound,
Not sure what you mean. There is a tone to help guide your pitch correction effort. Have you looked at the Melodyne manual info or the introductory videos that are presented when first opening?
It is a quirky program IMO, but works well with a little practice.
ddsf wrote:its difficult to sample stuff as well.
I dont sample, but others here might be able to help if you describe what you are trying to do.
ddsf wrote:i just dont get it.
To be honest the title and context of your post leaves me wondering if you are seeking help or just venting. Let us know?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The video tutorials we do have are here: Mixcraft University.

Check out the videos on the Alpha Sampler and the Omni Sampler, for example.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

The online tutorials are quite good, plus as pointed out, the forums are an excellent resource as well.

I’ve used a lot of DAW’s, and I have to say MixCraft is one of the easiest out there to use. It’s very straightforward. I had an issue with some VST’s not loading, and in no time had a support questions answered by MixCraft in the forums that provided a solution.

Hit up the forums. There’s a lot that can be answered by users and MC staff.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

To be honest the title and context of your post leaves me wondering if you are seeking help or just venting.
You and me both.

All that in a new member's first post??? Nah. Think he works for Avid or something. LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I try to give a new poster the benefit of the doubt. They may come around, or they may prove to be trolls. Best to just offer help and see what develops. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aj113

Post by aj113 »

ddsf wrote:...i just dont get it.
I'm guessing that happens a lot in your life. Am I right?
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

aj113 wrote:
ddsf wrote:...i just dont get it.
I'm guessing that happens a lot in your life. Am I right?
Nasty!!! But TOO funny!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Assuming this person's not trolling, and giving him Mark's benefit of the doubt... an interpretation of this somewhat ambiguous post: The program is limited to him because he can't find the resources to get it to do what he wants. Based on site data, he should have seen Mark's suggestion before today. Strange post though. :|
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
mick

Post by mick »

ddsf.
At the top of this page you'll find Mixcraft / Products / Store / Support / Company
Click "Mixcraft" and scroll down to "Mixcraft University" here you will find 16 video's. Also, on you tube, type "Acoustica 222" to find many more.
Click "Support" and you'll find Mixcraft 8 manual to download. its in PDF form so you need Adobe reader that usually comes with computers. If you cannot get started with Mixcraft I (respectfully) suggest you take up knitting mittens for little fluffy kittens because this is the easiest daw - by - far.
Ask a specific question and you'll get an answer from the Mixcraft pro's (that leaves me out!) 8)
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

mick wrote:PDF form so you need Adobe reader
Side note, actually MS Word and Open Office/Libre Office (probably some others) can open and even make PDFs.

tbh I'd prefer this thread die a merciful death, it's serving no purpose, legit or not.