Using a foot pedal to scroll through instrument presets faster?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FancyGoose

Using a foot pedal to scroll through instrument presets faster?

Post by FancyGoose »

Hi guys, Happy New Year!

I wonder if it's possible to use a foot pedal (with MIDI commands I presume) to scroll through all the presets within an instrument VSTi in Mixcraft? For example, lets say i'm in Acoustica Expanded instruments, and want to move from instrument to instrument and play piano chords on my MIDI controller and see each of them sounds, before making a choice for a track?

Thanks and have a great day :)
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
mick

Re: Using a foot pedal to scroll through instrument presets faster?

Post by mick »

Can't think how to link a foot pedal to scroll but you can use the left/right arrow keys to switch between category and instrument, and the up/down to scroll down either list.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (154.85 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
seeds

Post by seeds »

you can map the foot controller to UP and DOWN arrow keys :)

edit: sorry I didn't see the 'preset' part I thought it was just VSTi

every VSTi is different with presets some would work like that though and some are really easy like Arturia minilab and Analog Lab 3 but others have folders and stuff and simple mapping of UP and DOWN won't work, sorry

really depends on the VSTi
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning,

Just food for thought, the presets list has many different VSTi’s running behind it, which will sometimes limit how fast you can scroll through the lists.

Perhaps Acoustica would consider adding a sort by VSTi option for the instrument lists for those of us who like to rocket through and don’t have supercomputers! :)

-n
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you explored using favorites and collections? You can click the star next to a VSTi to add it to the Favorites list, and you can also go into File Menu > Manage Plug-Ins to add plugins to collections. (See page 307 of the help manual). This allows you to make your own custom categories of plug-ins.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101