Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

jlouvar wrote:Suggestion: A way to monitor the click without needing to hit record or play.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Free-Metronom ... 36595.aspx
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

If possible, more optimised multi-core usage capability. - I recently tried disabling multi-core support, to get round a glitching problem, but noticed no performance discrepancy on this six core Intel machine, even though it is clearly maxing out during usage on a regular basis with all the cores being accessed.
Windows 10 Professional
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Better Melodyne integration, so that when using the full version of Melodyne in Mixcraft, when exporting to midi, then re-importing the midi, it produces a midi file that synchronises with the audio when re-importing it, which it currently does not do, though someone else on the forum mentioned that it works in some other DAW they were using (Sonar, I think).
Windows 10 Professional
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Ian Craig wrote:
jlouvar wrote:Suggestion: A way to monitor the click without needing to hit record or play.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Free-Metronom ... 36595.aspx
Thanks Ian, but I still think it would be nice if Mixcraft 9 added this capability, with a tap-in tempo too. Right now I use my external drum machine to determine tempo’s before committing too recording.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

how about having the markers be able to copy the tracks below them? like for example my verse 1 is going to be used twice i could click the verse one marker and the tracks underneath could be moved and copied also.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

duplicate
Last edited by bigaquarium on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Afternoon!

A great general feature would be a one click magnification tool where you could click on a spot to instantly zoom to your preferred zoom setting and click again to return to previous. This would be great for precision work in several different screens. Of course you would have to be able to toggle in and out of zoom mode lol.

Best,
-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Suggestion: I just installed the Mixcraft Remote app on my iPhone and it works good with MC8... However, it would be nice if we had more control with it. Thanks :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

bigaquarium wrote: 4. Option for new track with duplicate settings to the selected track.
LOL, just found the duplicate track menu item. :lol: I think this one is worthy of a keyboard shortcut and inclusion into the other track-add menus though.

Also, being able to mix to audio from the performance panel would be super awesome. I like using the panel as a sketch pad and it would be great to quickly zip everything to the library when I'm done! Also, just to reiterate the request to be able to save MIDI clips to the library.

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sixstorm1

Post by sixstorm1 »

Modernize the user interface! Everytime I launch Mixcraft I feel like I am going back to 2003. The UI hasn't been updated since Windows XP and it needs to be modernized. Photorealistic icons, PNGs and gradient buttons everywhere feels terribly old. Also it makes Mixcraft to not scale well on high-DPI monitors (in fact, it does not scale at all and it's all blurry). Please make a modern and clean UI for Mixcraft 9. Take a look at Traktor Pro 3, it is the best UX design I have used in any audio mixing products.
sixstorm1

Post by sixstorm1 »

Allow automation of clip key. Currently, it is only possible to change the key of an entire clip or with markers, but it is not possible do transition smoothly from a key to another and it's incredibly limitating when mixing songs with different keys.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The ability to click a key on the piano roll to select all instances of that note as it is very difficult to control things in that way. In fact, better still, a dialog box (as a selectable option in preferences), similar to the one that has the choice of entire clip or 'selection', that would come up when you click on a note in the piano roll that offers the ability to select a precise range from bar:beat position to stretch across a precise area like 64 bars for note E6 and 12 bars, 2 beats for G4, for example :D
Windows 10 Professional
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote:The ability to click a key on the piano roll to select all instances of that note as it is very difficult to control things in that way. In fact, better still, a dialog box (as a selectable option in preferences), similar to the one that has the choice of entire clip or 'selection', that would come up when you click on a note in the piano roll that offers the ability to select a precise range from bar:beat position to stretch across a precise area like 64 bars for note E6 and 12 bars, 2 beats for G4, for example :D
What you can do right now is double-click on a note in the piano roll to select all the notes in that row.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Afternoon,

A complement of select tools in that unused spot next to the piano roll would help a lot, such as select all and deselect all, as well as select by grid position where you could say activate the button, then click on the + of 4 and it’ll select everything on that beat.

-N
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Acoustica Greg wrote:What you can do right now is double-click on a note in the piano roll to select all the notes in that row.
I did wonder Greg. Thanks for the info :D
Windows 10 Professional