LAunchpad Mini?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FancyGoose

LAunchpad Mini?

Post by FancyGoose »

Hello guys,

I decided to get the Launchpad Mini for use with the performance panel in Mixcraft 8.

In Control Surface, I cannot find anything related to the Launchpad MINI... Only Launchpad, Launchkey, etc.

Is a specific config the the Mini available?

I also read stuff about Mode 2, why would this need to be chosen?

I have played around with settings, Launchpad seems to work okay, but the control surface is acting weird... When I press buttons on the top row, the lights change... the only way for it to work in the performance panel is by pressing button 5 on the top row, then the lower button matrix lights up yellow and green depending on which clips are playing or in queue to begin.

I've also read about customizing the settings manually by editing a .INI file... did anyone "build" a Launchpad Mini configuration that allows Mixcraft 8 to use it's full potential?

Thanks!
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
seeds

Re: LAunchpad Mini?

Post by seeds »

I use mine as control surface in mode 2, as soon as mixcraft starts press the right lit button and then it is in keyboard mode like a piano

the two green buttons at the top... press the left one and it goes into performance panel mode

press the green right to go back to piano mode

you can change which key and octave with the four upper left orange buttons I wish mixcraft would remember which ones thought because i have to reset it every time.

if you ever press the green right button in piano mode or more than once from performance mode yeah you have to keep pressing it until it hits the red square =/

just use the green button left to performance and right back to piano and orange to change keys and octaves

edit: also in piano mode the vertical green column on the right is velocity
Last edited by seeds on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

Wow, THANKS seeds!

How did you discover all this?!
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
seeds

Post by seeds »

np :)

I use mixcraft a little bit everyday for months now :p and a launchpad mini is one of my midi controllers
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

I use mixcraft a little bit everyday for months now :p and a launchpad mini is one of my midi controllers
Fair enough, but nowhere could I really find out what these color combinations meant and what they actually did within Mixcraft.

Trial and error? You must be gifted... :)
FancyGoose

Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Hi,
I use mine as control surface in mode 2, as soon as mixcraft starts press the right lit button and then it is in keyboard mode like a piano

the two green buttons at the top... press the left one and it goes into performance panel mode

press the green right to go back to piano mode
I have a Launchpad Mini MK II, I don't know how to enter in mode 2 to use as a control surface or keyboard with Mixcraft !? You speak about the round button H ?
Normally, It' just available in Ableton Live.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Just select Launchpad Mode 2 instead of Launchpad in

File > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Type .. pull down and pick the mini in the other two tabs
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Thank you.
I'm going to do a little manual