Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mikebltr

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Mikebltr »

It is a minor thing, but it would be nice to have a “thin” view option for the mixing console to be able to see more tracks on the mixer, or allow the user to choose ‘thin view” on selected tracks. It would be easier to make final quick adjustments seeing more tracks on ones monitor, i.e., take out the meter on thin view.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mikebltr wrote:It is a minor thing, but it would be nice to have a “thin” view option for the mixing console to be able to see more tracks on the mixer, or allow the user to choose ‘thin view” on selected tracks. It would be easier to make final quick adjustments seeing more tracks on ones monitor, i.e., take out the meter on thin view.
Hi,

Did you know about this?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Greg knows stuff.

PS: Another suggestion: "sticky" this thread already :wink:
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi
Support System Exclusive for keyboards and workstations so onboard sounds to these keyboards can sound properly and with editing without glitching.
It would then be on the same par as Cubase.
Keeping it simple is the key as this program does just that for audio and Vst.
This would be i am sure a big plus.
All the best
john :D
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

A mono/stereo button on the master track would be nice.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Evening,

That integrated project notepad thingy would be a great addition.

- N
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bigaquarium wrote:Evening,

- N
I know it's not the same thing, but just FYI, there's a place for project notes on the project tab. Also, some people put notes in track markers.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
bigaquarium wrote:Evening,

- N
I know it's not the same thing, but just FYI, there's a place for project notes on the project tab. Also, some people put notes in track markers.
Perfect! Always happy to be hopelessly wrong in my suggestions! :D

- N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Evening,

Two suggestions...

1. The ability to source notes from multiple tracks simultaneously with the step editor. Say, what happens if you layer multiple drum kits in the instrument window?

2. A track arming/monitoring window and/or the ability to arm a track with a given set in the performance panel so that you can easily activate instruments to solo over the set during a live performance situation. With the ability to assign hotkeys of course! :)

Best,

-N
Drafter

Post by Drafter »

Mixcraft would be perfection IF it had:

1- WAY better Mackie Control Protocol implementation, and the ability to modify the button assignments within the Mackie mapping (to adjust it for variants like the Behringer X-Touch vs Mackie MCU Pro, etc.)

2- The ability to "pin" the submix tracks to the master track panel (like the way that the output buss tracks do) instead of this child-track weirdness. No "mixing console" on earth works like that and it makes for a jumbled confusing mixer layout.

3- 4 band eq instead of 3 on all channel strips with parametric (specifiable) frequency centers for more precise sound shaping

4- Narrower channel strips so that you can see more faders without having to scroll all over the place to find the track you want to work on

5- Lose the track list and check box thing on the left side of the mixer. It is a waste of valuable space. This entire function could literally be a menu option, say by right-clicking on the mixer and having a menu pop open where it doesn't have to be visible all the time and eat up potential channel space.

6- The addition of VCA faders.

7- Slow down the meter decay rate ballistics or flat-out make the ballistics user-adjustable, because they're way too damn fast. The decay rates are ridiculous and so fast that on quick, short duration sounds, the decay rate makes it look like the entire meter blinks on and off. You literally almost can't see the meter fall. Yeah, this may be a cosmetic thing, but this shouldn't be too hard to correct and make it function like every other DAW channel meter on the planet.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

That's a pretty good list. Lacking only a few items its pretty close to my own personal wish list. 8)

1: Yeah, actually "industry wide" its a little frustrating that a more universal and more functional standard hasn't been adopted and implemented isn't it!

2: Cant lie. Hate the child tracks. Have since inception.

3: Frequently requested. At minimum, a selectable freq range for the mids. As is, very limiting. Long overdue.

4: Adjustable width mixer channel strips and more ability to reconfigure the order and arrangement. +1 X10.

5: Kind of fits with the above. Could just make the side bar collapse/disapear, that'd work fine.

6: Nice. Frosting, but nice.

7: I only disagree about the "only cosmetic" comment. An update/revamp of the built in metering, and metering options is another long overdue change IMO. Every serious competitor seems to have that, plus native true peak, LuFs, RMS, etc. data readily integrated for display and analysis, at least on the master bus.
Honestly, IMO the track meters could be reduced and simplified (Benefit, less space consumed) but the master metering needs a functional makeover/update desperately.

My (partial) critical additions to this list (yes, repeats of old requests!):

1: Gain trim knob for global gain control of channels/tracks. (similar to input trim on an analog mixer)

2: Normalization function improved/expanded to have selectable levels. Default normalization to 0 severely limits its utility IMO. Virtually useless for me. The ability to (for example) quickly and easily normalize to -6 (or -10, or -12.....) would however be a heavily used function for my needs.

3: Send return routing options. Please and thank you. Seems like a little thing, but it would be a big plus for me to be able to insert the return at for instance a submix pre-fader slot. (Or a "sub-master" bus. or whatever you might want to call it.)

I could go on....... there's some good ones. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Drafter

Post by Drafter »

...Edited, because I know people on here are getting to be overly sensitive lately. :D :D :D
Last edited by Drafter on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

:? Got suckered right in to stepping in that didn't I......

And my "edit":
(Actually, my reply remains as it was originally, so it's more like an "addition in light of the posters edit")

I don't think I have made a "sensitive" reply, nor have I seen much anywhere from others that I would describe as anything less than quite exceptionally tolerant reception given this posters comments.
But even so, I should have quoted so as to maintain the integrity of the thread.... :|
Last edited by Mark Bliss on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

The three things (so far) I'd like the most added to MC9 are:
1. A mono/stereo button on the Master Track.
2. A undock-able transport.
3. The ability to save track automation on the fly done with a controller during playback.

Oh and I wish the metronome would work without anything recorded... So that's 4 things so far.

EDIT: Add a Acoustica Master Limiter to replace the soon to be obsolete Classic Master Limiter... So now that's 5 things.
Last edited by jlouvar on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

You might want to get rid of the Kjaerhus plugins, or at least remove the sticker from their GUI in the near future.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Anyone-know-w ... 30-p2.aspx