Vocaloid 5

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mikebltr

Vocaloid 5

Post by Mikebltr »

I’m looking to purchase the VST Vocaloid 5. Anyone have experience regarding connectivity and compatibility with Mixcraft 8. Info on ease of use would also be helpful. Looks user-friendly on their website. Thanks my friends!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Vocaloid 5

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Do they have a trial version?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No trial version. And starter pack versions start at $225.
Kinda harsh eh?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Ok, I will try to get a copy to test with.
Mikebltr

Post by Mikebltr »

Appreciate the response. Thanks..!!
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

If I'm not mistaken Vocaloid 5 is a standalone program (editor) and a VSTi both now. So worse case scenario is you could do your work in standalone mode and then transfer the track to Mixcraft. I also believe they just implemented the VSTi in the last couple of versions. Just a thought!
Drafter

Post by Drafter »

Vocaloid?

Yeah I made the mistake of trying that stupid thing. Dude, it doesn't sound remotely human, and it was a complete nightmare to try and figure out how to make it do anything. If software is that complicated to figure out, and it sounds like a cartoon robot voice, it needs to go into the trash. And that's where mine went.

Don't waste your money. Go and find someone that can do vocals for you.

AC
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Tend to agree with a caveat-

Outside the company demos, which are always to be taken with a grain of salt IMO, I have only heard V4 in use, and it sounded at best like one of those automated phone robo-calls, or automated polls/answering systems. (Press 7 to speak to a representative!)
I think it serves a very specific role in gaming and a certain style of music production, but realism wasn't its strength.
(And as an aside, some pop/urban culture music genres have vocals that dont sound much better either- (just sayin') so perhaps theres more use for this than I see.)

But looking at this, the V5 software gui looks interesting, and the functionality as presented looks good. The thing is still going to be pretty limiting, despite the presentation of !2000 phrases!
Yeah, your going to run into limitations fast, and the add on titles are largely in Asian languages, (Perhaps that's what you need though)
If the price point allowed it, it might be fun to mess with, but this stuffs a bit steep!$$$ :shock:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Drafter wrote:Go and find someone that can do vocals for you.
There's always https://fiverr.com. Just type in vocalist in the search box.

I hired a pedal steel player for 2 or 3 minutes of licks and it only cost me around 25 bucks. I had to edit to taste, but was well worth not using a vst or piecing together loops.
Mikebltr

Post by Mikebltr »

Thanks all for the comments. Unless they cut the price significantly, I’m gonna pass...!
Wilby

Post by Wilby »

If anyone wants to try Vocaloid, there is this Avanna voice available on sale from Zero-G that is bundled with a FREE Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor. It's sort of a lite version of Vocaloid with limited features. I just discovered it and tried it out. Voice is decent and can be passable for some but nothing can really compare to a real person. By the way, its possible to add more phrases to the voices so a particular character can probably sing/say more stuff later on.

I just recently discovered Vocaloid and it got me interested to learn more how it can work with MixCraft. So far it's basically just importing WAV generated from the Tiny Vocaloid 3 software into MixCraft. Not sure what the full version of the current software (Vocaloid 5) can do yet in relation to MixCraft. The price of Vocaloid 5 is quite steep so one has to really consider if its worth it or not. Basically, I am guessing it can work for projects that do not need too much realism from voices and are ok if they can sound artificial at times.