Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by jlouvar »

daveiv wrote:You might want to get rid of the Kjaerhus plugins, or at least remove the sticker from their GUI in the near future.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Anyone-know-w ... 30-p2.aspx
Which Kjaerhus plugins does MC8P use (what are they called “named”)?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jlouvar wrote:Which Kjaerhus plugins does MC8P use (what are they called “named”)?
HI,

They are the "Classic" effects, like Classic Chorus or Classic Flanger.

Yeah, several customers have pointed this issue out to us. We're leaving the Classic effects in for now, for backwards compatibility. We don't want to break thousands of our customers projects. I'm guessing they won't be included in Mixcraft 9, with maybe an optional download. Rest assured that the creator of those plugins is not getting any revenue from Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
jlouvar wrote:Which Kjaerhus plugins does MC8P use (what are they called “named”)?
HI,

Yeah, several customers have pointed this issue out to us. We're leaving the Classic effects in for now, for backwards compatibility. We don't want to break thousands of our customers projects. I'm guessing they won't be included in Mixcraft 9, with maybe an optional download. Rest assured that the creator of those plugins is not getting any revenue from Mixcraft.

Greg
Hmm, oh okay, so to be on the safe side I probably shouldn’t use any of the classic plugins on any of my new projects?
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, in a pinch, you could always just copy them from an old version of Mixcraft.

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I've used the Classic Master Limiter a lot, so I'm going to miss that. :(

EDIT: I'm in the process of replacing projects using the Classic Master Limiter plugin with the Acoustica Compressor (tweaked brick-wall) plugin. :wink:
Last edited by jlouvar on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

daveiv wrote:You might want to get rid of the Kjaerhus plugins
Very old news, and probably the least of many reasons for users to move on to plug ins developed more toward the current end of the last decade or more....
(Those are pretty dated)

Either way, as Greg points out, they are legacy plug-ins maintained for backwards compatibility. I don't see that characters shortcomings as a reflection on Acoustica or the end user. Moving on. :arrow:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
HI,

Greg
Glad to know. Thanks.
Mark Bliss wrote:
daveiv wrote:You might want to get rid of the Kjaerhus plugins
Very old news, and probably the least of many reasons for users to move on to plug ins developed more toward the current end of the last decade or more....
(Those are pretty dated)

Either way, as Greg points out, they are legacy plug-ins maintained for backwards compatibility. I don't see that characters shortcomings as a reflection on Acoustica or the end user. Moving on. :arrow:
Well, some people prefer not to see that name anywhere near them. It's also not a good PR practice anyway.
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

Make Nightlife 64-bit.

I think this synth has a potential. It looks good, it sounds good, it's easy to use. It can definitely draw more attention to Mixcraft.

Carl seems to have access to FlowStone's 64-bit beta. His other synths are adding 64-bit support. Maybe you should consider pushing it again.

I would also be glad if it's included in Mixcraft installation; that would save us from some extra steps :)
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Afternoon!!!

I would like to see MC9 introduce some unique features of its own, like a randomizer button that would say open up a Instrument/VST/VSTi with completely random settings, or generate random step editor patterns as a creative tool to find new and unique sounds and textures. Also this might be something as simple as assigning a random instrument from the list or a given list to a track, or assigning a random preset from an effect. You get the point.

There are those who tend to learn by eye and read manuals, and then there are those who tend to learn by ear. Being of the latter category, I like to experiment and find things that sound interesting, a set of randomizer functions would be very useful. I think a lot of Mixcraft customers are experimentalists and not manual readers, which is why we suggest things for MC that already exist!

:P

-N
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
HI,

Yeah, several customers have pointed this issue out to us. We're leaving the Classic effects in for now, for backwards compatibility. We don't want to break thousands of our customers projects.I'm guessing they won't be included in Mixcraft 9, with maybe an optional download. Rest assured that the creator of those plugins is not getting any revenue from Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft 9 Question

"If" Classic Effects aren't included within Mixcraft 9... Will older MX8 projects that have Classic Effects (including Virtual Instruments with default Classic Effects added) still work with MX9? I'm guessing yes?

I'm thinking I may want to start replacing MX8P Virtual Instruments with added default effects using Classic Effects with different effects (like Acoustica Effects) now?

Also, since some MX8 Virtual Instruments have default Classic Effects added to them (see image example) (which we can turn on/off, replace, etc)... Will some MX9 Virtual Instruments have default effects added to them (like maybe Acoustica Effects instead of Classic Effects), or be dry?
Attachments
Capture 102bb.PNG
Capture 102bb.PNG (50.6 KiB) Viewed 4994 times
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Classic effects just wouldn't load. But as I've said, there might be an optional download package of old plugins. Let's put it this way: if we don't make an optional package of old plugins, then a whole bunch of people will probably ask us to do so.

And you could always just leave Mixcraft 8 installed and add its VST folders to your Mixcraft 9 search list.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

(crossed posts with Greg)

One thing to keep in mind here, if you have those plug-ins now, you would still have them going forward. So backwards compatibility is likely not going to be an issue. And they would likely remain readily available if one needed.....

But, even so- they are quite old. Things have advanced a bit since they were more current. One might opine that their biggest redeeming feature is that they were and are freebies.
So there may be other good reasons to look at options, perhaps far better reasons than concerns about their future inclusion or lack there of.....
Such as 64bit, more current internal processing standards, etc.

Just an opinion. 8)
(Full disclosure, and FWIW I haven't used them since perhaps MX5 in any of my own projects. And I think they were dated even then!)
But I do see them used in collabs and other people's projects from time to time, so I do need them to load in those situations.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Thank you Mark, I've only used the Classic Master Limiter mostly, but I'm more concerned about the Virtual Instruments with default Classic Effects added... Oh and if I crossed posted, I must of been distracted, because didn't mean too (sorry).
- Joe -

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No, Greg and I both replied at the same time. :lol:

Never cared much for that limiter. Too little control over the results.
Not a big limiter user though anyway. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Okay thank you Greg. :)

Mark, out of curiosity, which effect plugins would you recommend, I’m mostly interested in EQ, Reverb, Compressors/Limiters, and maybe Delay (I rarely use Chorus, Flangers)? Oh, and preferably free.

EDIT: Never mind, I just found your "Free VST plugin recommendation list"... awesome, and thank you. :D
- Joe -