Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jlouvar

Re: Sneak Peak

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah, MC instrument's sound fantastic... good job. :)
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Steve Jobe

Post by Steve Jobe »

Whoa ! delightfully constructed!, begging for a fretless bass and some crunch power chords IMO to spice it up (not to much as to unbalance the delightful parts ..You go Brother !!! jobe
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Jobe

Post by Steve Jobe »

...Nay on the movie, yea on the fretless....good stuff, like it!!
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

bigaquarium wrote: I think it was a Richard Donner film (post Superman), and it was somewhat widely panned because although it's a great medieval-aged kind of film it had a largely rock soundtrack instead of an orchestra!
- N
I just listened twice because it was class. It sounded like a new section of Rick Wakeman's - 'The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table' album. Very enjoyable :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mick

Post by mick »

Bigaquarium comments Evening!

You know one thing that doesn't get said enough is how great the Mixcraft Orchestral Instruments are, really a cut above anything in the price range. I'm in the middle of composing a more involved track using such instruments. Here's a sample...
From day one I've maintained Acoustica Instruments and drums are capable of much greater things other than OTB and you just proved it with your musical talent. :D
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

bigaquarium wrote:One question I have is about mastering an orchestral project. I’d like to create a sense of the room and a bit of space between the listener and the instruments without oodles of reverb. Izotope is really good about creating different spaces but the Izotope compression seems to be pretty aggressive most of the time to me anyway. Is it just a matter of lowering the gain before it hits Izotope to overcome this? I did pick up the Ozone Imager too, maybe that would be better.

-N
iZotope compression is by default far too extreme. I don't know how to get it to work. There are many good compressors, so I never bother with it, I just use them (as I experiment and test stuff I arbitrarily use whatever I think of at the time that I can be bothered with, so I won't try recommending anything). I always use the Ozone 8 advanced Spectral Shaper in mid/side/ mode and the Ozone Imager to create space. Then the Ozone Maximizer sometimes for compression/limiting. I don't bother with the Neutron compressors. You could try an auto-gain plugin (I haven't had much success using them so far and tend to do everything manually, but there are a good few about). Subtractive EQing might help as well to limit troublesome imbalances in the sound. As you say, it may only require lowering the gain on the way in. I've tried that myself. I can't remember if I used the result or used other processors instead. Everything has to be left til the next day to see if it's worked properly unless you post it here or somewhere were you can get quick feedback. I hope this is useful. Keep up the great work :)
Windows 10 Professional
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

It sounded way better before the compression (if that's what you did to the sound, other than adding stuff). I'd personally not have reduced the fast piano part's volumes where you did either. It's just my impression. I had the same troubles with my track Haywire in 1997/98. There ended up being 250 versions before I finished it, so expect to have to backtrack on some decisions.
Windows 10 Professional
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.