Help please East-West plug ins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sulblk27

Help please East-West plug ins

Post by sulblk27 »

I have searched high and low--it seems to be able to have Mixcraft recognize the EWQL libraries -- instruments. I am a complete noobie on this. Please forgive me for not writing this in the correct way.
However, I loaded Play 6 --downloaded two libraries (while I wait on the actual disk)--and as a standalone, they seem to work, but maybe all of the reading I have tried to do, I might have missed the fact that I can play the instruments in Mixcraft? I have installed reinstalled four times trying to make sure I have the path right when I went to scan for VST--and no matter what--none of them are being recognized.
Hope this makes sense and if I can receive any assistance I Thank you in advanced. :oops:
jlouvar

Re: Help please East-West plug ins

Post by jlouvar »

Try dragging and dropping the files directly into the Mixcraft VST folder, then open Mixcraft Preferences, scroll down to Plug-ins, click on Edit VST/VSTI Folders, click on Auto-Scan For VST/VSTI Directories, and after the files load, click OK. Oh and yes Mixcraft can play files.
Attachments
Capture 102c.PNG
Capture 102c.PNG (112.72 KiB) Viewed 11060 times
Capture 102a.PNG
Capture 102a.PNG (35.11 KiB) Viewed 11060 times
Capture 102b.PNG
Capture 102b.PNG (11.26 KiB) Viewed 11060 times
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
chibear

Post by chibear »

You need to load the Play VST on to a track and then load the libraries into that, so see if Play is on your instrument list. If not, try to find where it was installed and make a path to it in the "Additional VST Plug-in Folders".
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
sulblk27

Post by sulblk27 »

jlouvar wrote:Try dragging and dropping the files directly into the Mixcraft VST folder, then open Mixcraft Preferences, scroll down to Plug-ins, click on Edit VST/VSTI Folders, click on Auto-Scan For VST/VSTI Directories, and after the files load, click OK. Oh and yes Mixcraft can play files.
Thank you so much for the response. I see that you also have EWQL--I did copy the files from the folder (.dll files) and droped them into the 3rd party folder. One thing to note--I have two hard drives--the main one C: is where the files extracted to--although I had changed the path to F: (where I have a lot more room). I did the auto scan clicked ok...still does not show.
sulblk27

Post by sulblk27 »

chibear wrote:You need to load the Play VST on to a track and then load the libraries into that, so see if Play is on your instrument list. If not, try to find where it was installed and make a path to it in the "Additional VST Plug-in Folders".
Thank you for the response. I did a computer scan and manually searched for the Play VST--for the life of me I could not find it. I know I have to be overlooking something as simple as that-- :?
After a bit more research--I found the play_vst_x64.dll in the VST folder with Nightlife. I am re scanning now to see if that works.
After re scanning with the file in the 3rd part folder--no luck. After re-scanning the file left in the original VST folder with Night life and Melodyne.dll--restarting Mixcraft--still no luck. :cry: :?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Do you have 64 bit or 32 bit Mixcraft installed? 32 bit won’t see 64 bit VST’s. :D
sulblk27

Post by sulblk27 »

outteh wrote:Do you have 64 bit or 32 bit Mixcraft installed? 32 bit won’t see 64 bit VST’s. :D
SMH---I have 32 bit--now I have to figure out how to make it 64 bit---I have no idea why I was thinking Mixcraft was 64.. :oops:
I ran the Mixcraft installer--choose 64 bit--and what do you know Play 6 shows up. Thank you so much for the assistance and response! Now off to figure out how to make things play nice! :wink:
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

sulblk27 wrote:
outteh wrote:Do you have 64 bit or 32 bit Mixcraft installed? 32 bit won’t see 64 bit VST’s. :D
SMH---I have 32 bit--now I have to figure out how to make it 64 bit---I have no idea why I was thinking Mixcraft was 64.. :oops:
I ran the Mixcraft installer--choose 64 bit--and what do you know Play 6 shows up. Thank you so much for the assistance and response! Now off to figure out how to make things play nice! :wink:
Awesome, I’m glad you got it working. BTW: You said that I have EWQL Play 6, but I'm not sure where to find it... is it in my Effects or Virtual Instruments, and what is it called (named)?
- Joe -

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I think the reply confused you with Chibear, who's signature indicates he has EQWL.

If you had it, you should know- as it ain't inexpensive! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

sulblk27 said above to me
I see that you also have EWQL
. But I don't remember buying it, and if I have it, I can't find it?
- Joe -

sulblk27

Post by sulblk27 »

jlouvar wrote:sulblk27 said above to me
I see that you also have EWQL
. But I don't remember buying it, and if I have it, I can't find it?
My apologies--I saw in chibear that he has EWQL CCC and thought it was EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP and must have quoted --(in my frantic rush to find answers)---you by mistake.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Okay, thank you.
- Joe -