Looking for a shimmer effect

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FancyGoose

Looking for a shimmer effect

Post by FancyGoose »

I have a Hardwire Supernatural reverb guitar pedal that enjoy and was wondering if I could achieve a similar shimmer effect in Mixcraft...? Any tips?

I know there are many VST reverbs out there, EOS 2 by AudioDamage and Valhalla being reasonally priced, but I've also seen some people actually "creating" shimmer effects by sending out reverbs and delays to aux tracks, removing low frequencies, adding modulation...

Anyone feeling like giving this a shot in Mixcraft 8? 8)
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
jlouvar

Re: Looking for a shimmer effect

Post by jlouvar »

Wow, there are millions of VST plugins, so it might take a while to find what you want. Why not use the guitar effect stompbox... just plug it into your audio interface.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

or you could use 2 compressors and a delay with a decaying tail for that my bloody valentine sound.
SeanMichaels

Post by SeanMichaels »

This might be similar/what you're looking for... I have been using Crystalizer from SoundToys on a lot of projects as of late. It sounds so cool! It's a delay that has the ability to pitch shift only the wet or delayed sound.
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

Just a quick heads-up, i've been using the OrilRiver VST reverb plug-in and it has been a very satisfying experience. // end of thread //
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.