Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Mark Bliss »

There you go.

I desire to be careful not to imply that anyone needs to go off plug-in collecting, but there are options if one wishes.
Its easy to get sidetracked and bury yourself in a bunch of stuff you don't really need...... :wink:

My intended point was that there are options if you wish to migrate away from those old classics. Many of the other included plug ins might also suit your needs.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah your not joking... I just spent the past 6/7+ hours downloading/installing and messing around with VST plugins. I now have way more than I'll ever use regularly. I really only need a few standard type processors. But it was fun wasting time getting lost in candy land too... I needed to get over the plugin fever, lol. :wink:

EDIT: Now that I've had a chance to test out different VST's... Even though the Kjaerhus Classic Effects are old and only 32-bit, I still like them. Too bad the company is going or out of business, it would be nice to have 64-bit versions.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
n1CKed

Post by n1CKed »

davefk wrote:Can we please have a way of copying and pasting insert effects to different tracks. Thanks.
Alt-Click and drag to another track does this.
Mixcraft 8.1 Pro (64-Bit Build 418), Lenovo Y510p, Windows 10 (3GHz quad core, 16GB, 64-bit), UX2 Toneport, Komplete Kontrol S25, a ton of sound recording equipment and enormous library of samples and foley clips.
n1CKed

Post by n1CKed »

I started using Mixcraft sometime back because it is one of the few DAWs that I know of that works with Keys as well as time signatures (a bit like Acid Pro). It would be great if this was extended to Midi and the Piano Roll as well - so that we can analyse chords and scales, randomise in key, generate ARPs, etc. Cubase has a function where you can have chord labels in your timeline, which would be very useful.

Oh - and the transport bar at the top - or dockable/floating would be great. A way of displaying Bars and Time simultaneously on the clock too...

Keep up the good work.
Mixcraft 8.1 Pro (64-Bit Build 418), Lenovo Y510p, Windows 10 (3GHz quad core, 16GB, 64-bit), UX2 Toneport, Komplete Kontrol S25, a ton of sound recording equipment and enormous library of samples and foley clips.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Dockable transport seems to be a very popular request.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Please upgrade Acoustica VST’s to 64-bit.
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jlouvar wrote:Please upgrade Acoustica VST’s to 64-bit.
Hi,

A lot of them are already 64-bit. Others, like the Classic effects are no longer being developed, or are made by other companies who haven't offered us a 64-bit version. Which plugins were you concerned about?

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Are Acoustica Virtual Instruments (i.e. strings, brass, synths, etc) 64 bit?
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jlouvar wrote:Are Acoustica Virtual Instruments (i.e. strings, brass, synths, etc) 64 bit?
Yes, Acoustica Instruments, Acoustica Expanded Instruments and Acoustica Studio Drums are all 64-bit in 64-bit Mixcraft.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Hello
Feature request (sorry if this one was already asked):
The ability to overdub midi in the performance mode instead of creating multiples lanes (alt L)
When you want to use the performance mode and build a drum pattern, it's common to record instruments one after the other (kick, then snare, then hh...) while the loop is running. But you can't do that in Mixcraft. It's a showstopper for live use or training/improvising.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you know about recording modes? Mixcraft Record Mode and Lanes

You could try Overdub mode.

Greg
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Sorry if this has been suggested in this thread. I believe it's come up in other threads maybe. VST2 and VST3 presets are somehow handled differently, either by MC or by the VST standard. Many plugs don't have internal preset managers and rely on the DAW for that. There are VST2s that have presets available through the drop down box/window at the top of plugin window. The same plug in VST3 has the box greyed out. Is there a way to reprogram MC to make it's handling of VST3s more flexible so as to allow this? I know VST2s will probably be around for a while, even though Steinberg has deprecated the VST2 standard. But I recently learned that VST3s have a much better power management system. If a signal is not flowing through it, it essentially turns off. OTOH, VST2s will continue to eat CPU cycles, which is a big deal IMO, especially with older PCs.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Thanks Greg for the reply, but the video link does'nt show about overdubing in a midi performance cell.
I didn't find anything also in the manual.
So, is it possible to overdub in a performance cell (without using multiples lanes), and if yes, how?
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Have you noticed that Greg no longer writes “we haven’t even started on MC9 yet”? Good sign!

Hey, we have to take the clues when we get them!

:D

—N
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

bigaquarium wrote:Have you noticed that Greg no longer writes “we haven’t even started on MC9 yet”? Good sign!

Hey, we have to take the clues when we get them!

:D

—N
Greg told me MX9 is at least a year or more away. Which is okay with me because I’m loving MX8.
- Joe -