BEST USB INTERFACE

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RichyB211255

BEST USB INTERFACE

Post by RichyB211255 »

HI,
I am having difficulty getting my mixcraft 8 recording studio to set up ASIO drivers on certain usb interfaces.
I have given up with my M-Audio, and am currently using the usb facility on my zoom r24. It's ok, but glitchy sometimes. Can anyone out there recommend a good usb audio interface that works reliably every time with mixcraft 8? I am running Windows xp on my music laptop btw, don't know if this may be a reason why I'm experiencing occasional problems.
Rolling Estonian

Re: BEST USB INTERFACE

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Focusrite 2nd gen is a popular choice that works very well. I have an Audient id14, a bit more expensive but worth it to me.

M
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Welcome to the Mixcraft forum... My 2nd Gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 works perfect with Mixcraft.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Welcome to the forum. XP is pretty dated by today. Make sure whatever you get has drivers that support XP, that could be part of your problem. There are many good interfaces out today that should work for a newer OS.

However...I am using a Behringer UMC404HD and I just checked and they have driver support for XP. (UMC Driver 2.29.0 for Windows XP + Vista). It's a solid unit with Windows 10.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

Here's one that I reviewed recently - amazing performer for the money -- ESI U22 XT

ESI U22 XT Review – Affordable USB 2.0 Audio Interface - Big Quality, Small Cost!
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
aj113

Post by aj113 »

RichyB211255 wrote:HI,
I am having difficulty getting my mixcraft 8 recording studio to set up ASIO drivers on certain usb interfaces.
I have given up with my M-Audio, and am currently using the usb facility on my zoom r24. It's ok, but glitchy sometimes. Can anyone out there recommend a good usb audio interface that works reliably every time with mixcraft 8? I am running Windows xp on my music laptop btw, don't know if this may be a reason why I'm experiencing occasional problems.
You are assuming that the interface is the problem. It could be any number of things. M-Audio works fine with MC.

Try setting the paramaters to maximum latency, that often solves glitching problems.