New song...

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

New song...

Post by M@rkus »

Hi,

I just finished this! Sources of inspiration has been Bo Hansson (of Hansson & Karlsson), Television and Captain Beefheart!

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/ramifications

Merry Christmas everyone!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
comedians

Re: New song...

Post by comedians »

Merry Christmas to you - enjoyed the music
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Wonderful Alex. Merry Christmas to you too :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Catchy fun song, thanks for sharing. :)

Happy New Year
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

Always fun to check back in and find a gem from you. Your approach to melodies is truly facinating!
This was a blast to listen too, and will surely do again! Hope all is well! :D

RobertAllan
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

RobertAllan wrote:Always fun to check back in and find a gem from you. Your approach to melodies is truly facinating!

RobertAllan
Thanks a lot, Robert! That´s very kind!

Yes, I like when a song isn´t predictable, and I try to make songs that surprises myself! I think we are stuck in a rut sometimes when it comes to making music, it has become foramtted. I think Captain Beefheart tried to step away from that with the album "Trut mask replica", and it´s truly fascinating, albeit he still keeps within the western world concept of music.

I think spiritual music (and some eastern music) are good examles of music that are not so hooked up on the formula!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

M@rkus wrote:
RobertAllan wrote:Always fun to check back in and find a gem from you. Your approach to melodies is truly facinating!

RobertAllan
Thanks a lot, Robert! That´s very kind!

Yes, I like when a song isn´t predictable, and I try to make songs that surprises myself! I think we are stuck in a rut sometimes when it comes to making music, it has become foramtted. I think Captain Beefheart tried to step away from that with the album "Trut mask replica", and it´s truly fascinating, albeit he still keeps within the western world concept of music.

I think spiritual music (and some eastern music) are good examles of music that are not so hooked up on the formula!

Best regards/
M@rkus
I think you make a good point. Its extremly easy to get stuck where you are most comfortable. Lately ive been trying to set myself with a combination of things im comfortable with and something new i havnt tried before OR something i know isnt my strongest area, and i have to say about 90% of what ive written last few years have turned out waaay different then i had in my head originally, i guess thats a good thing. There are tons of beatifully weird albums out there, and im sure captain beefheart has a handful of those,lol havnt digged into the catalog but i listened to a 3 hour radio special about captain beefheart a while back and it was extremly facinating, so might have to dig in a little :D

RobertAllan