I finally released my album...

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tonymus

I finally released my album...

Post by tonymus »

After working on it for more than 5 years, I finally released a full album, "Better Poems & Gardens" by Evil Mr M, a tribute to the 1970s.

The album is available to stream on Spotify and Apple Music, among other streaming services. It is (mostly) new songs that have a 1970s feel to them, including a Harry Nilsson tribute song ("Coconut Grove"), a Sparks/Mott the Hoople mashup ("Greek Gods"), a couple of love songs (the album closes out with "We Are One", the best love song I ever wrote), an ode to the other NY baseball team ("Subway Series"), a cover of a Shel Silverstein classic, and a few spoken bits.

I am grateful to everyone involved with Mixcraft in helping me to fulfill every kid's goal (and at 60, I'm kind of an old kid now) of releasing an album. Not being a professional (or even competent) musician, it was a great learning process, and Mixcraft did more than it's part in making my vision a reality.
jlouvar

Re: I finally released my album...

Post by jlouvar »

Congratulations. 8) :D

EDIT: Nice Collection (Album), the spoken tracks are cool too. 8)
Last edited by jlouvar on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Good for you. Well done :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
tonymus

Post by tonymus »

Thanks!!!
TheHound

Post by TheHound »

Congrats!

I've been very prolific in producing music and I owe a lot of it to Mixcraft. Other DAWs had me very discouraged but Mixcraft with its analog feel and the great tutorials made things a lot easier. I found that I was not the only person intimidates by the difficulty of some of the other DAWs. I go to open mic nights and I ask performers if they are recording their songs and very few are because they are intimidated by the DAWs they tried.

It has to be very satisfying getting your music produced out for people to enjoy. I hope you sell a lot.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

TheHound wrote:I hope you sell a lot.
TIP: You can listen to the album for free on Spotify. :wink:
Attachments
Capture 101a.PNG
Capture 101a.PNG (92.53 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
- Joe -

tonymus

Post by tonymus »

jlouvar wrote:
TheHound wrote:I hope you sell a lot.
TIP: You can listen to the album for free on Spotify. :wink:
Thanks, jlouvar. I'm not in the business of selling albums. This is just something I've always wanted to do. I could of gone the SoundCloud route, but I wanted to make sure I had proper copyright protection. CD Baby seemed the best way for me to go...
tonymus

Post by tonymus »

TheHound wrote:Congrats!

I've been very prolific in producing music and I owe a lot of it to Mixcraft. Other DAWs had me very discouraged but Mixcraft with its analog feel and the great tutorials made things a lot easier. I found that I was not the only person intimidates by the difficulty of some of the other DAWs. I go to open mic nights and I ask performers if they are recording their songs and very few are because they are intimidated by the DAWs they tried.

It has to be very satisfying getting your music produced out for people to enjoy. I hope you sell a lot.
I've owned Mixcraft for more years than I can remember. For the first couple of years, I was probably too scared of it to do anything besides edit ring tones :) . Once I got Mixcraft 6, I started to learn the software, and did much of the album in MX7, finally finishing it up finally in MX8. While I'm no expert with the software, I found what I needed. It really is a testament to how easy the software is to use that a non-professional such as myself could use it to make music.

Thanks, you and everyone, for the kind words...
tonymus

Post by tonymus »

By all means, if anyone wants to listen to my album, it is streaming on any service CD Baby allows (Apple Music, Spotify, etc.).

P.S. For acoustic love song lovers, the closing track "We Are One" is kind of pretty, and females have told me they REALLY like the song...if I was only unmarried and 40 years younger... :lol:
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

tonymus wrote:Thanks, jlouvar.
You're welcome, and thank you for sharing your music. :)
- Joe -

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I saw this on YouTube and though you might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl662kUChIk
- Joe -