Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Mouse wheel scroll control, when mouse arrow is placed above a slider, knob etc the mouse wheel will move the knob or fader. Most 3rd party vst/i use this and they work in MC too.

M
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning!

A second loop button on MIDI clips to make pre-split clips or a select and looplicate (lol) option in the piano roll would be a great time saver. Sometimes we make loops that are substantially the same with minor variations, and this will save us having to use that pesky clipboard or split the clips to make them unique so we can edit them without editing the parent loop.

On second thought, is it possible to merge looped clips into a single clip? That would be fairly efficient too. Must try when I gets home!

And the answer is no, but you can CTRL-T and split the loop right in the middle, so that works just fine for me!

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

mixyguy2 wrote:
jumbodude wrote: a big omission in the midi fx category that there is no Arpeggiator. This would appear to be essential midi tool that I would like to see included in future upgrades.
While I agree it would be a nice-to-have built in, there are numerous plugins, including free ones, which have arpeggiators, so personally I would put that well down the list, as I would anything that can easily be done with a plugin.
Which arpeggiator do you recommend that works best with Mixcraft?
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jwarv wrote:
mixyguy2 wrote:
jumbodude wrote: a big omission in the midi fx category that there is no Arpeggiator. This would appear to be essential midi tool that I would like to see included in future upgrades.
While I agree it would be a nice-to-have built in, there are numerous plugins, including free ones, which have arpeggiators, so personally I would put that well down the list, as I would anything that can easily be done with a plugin.
Which arpeggiator do you recommend that works best with Mixcraft?
Never mind. I found Blue Arp. Wowzers! :o Any glitch issues you have encountered?
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning!

One more comment on the plugin presets matter, the presets for most of the shady 1-2 star plugins I used, as mentioned in my plugins section post, worked fine, so there is something more afoot than the quality of the plugin programming.

Also an unrelated suggestion, for future versions maybe instead of the Mixcraft girl handing you a studio on the startup splash screen we could have Acoustica Eric handing you a guitar or Acoustica Greg handing you a user’s manual! :lol:

Happy Saturday!

-N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Evening,

Not having undo for dragging mistakes in performance panel is not cool. Very easy to destroy a project!

-N
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bigaquarium wrote:Evening,

Not having undo for dragging mistakes in performance panel is not cool. Very easy to destroy a project!

-N
Pressing Ctrl+Z doesn't help? What sort of dragging mistake? I dragged a clip to another track and Ctrl+Z snapped it right back.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi,

I tried dragging about 6-7 sets over one spot to make room and all of them disappeared except one and there was no undo available. I guess it was a different glitch!

-N
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

They didn't jump to the project tracks? I guess if they did, then undo would have worked. This happened with build 418? Let us know if you can duplicate the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

They didn't jump to the project tracks? I guess if they did, then undo would have worked. This happened with build 418? Let us know if you can duplicate the problem.

Greg

Hi,

Yes build 418. I’ll give it another shot tonight! Glad I hit save at some point!

On another note, does alt dragging mute a playing clip because the clip file can’t read and write at the same time? Maybe if MC buffered a clip on mouse over behind the scenes or something this quirk could be fixed? Gets in the way of creating on the fly.

-N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi again!

Also I would consider the inability to record note durations below the automatic quantization setting to be a bug. For instance if I have it set to 1/4 notes I can’t record four staccato 32nd notes, I get four quarter notes instead.

-N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Oh! (Sorry) video track on performance panel would be AWESOME for live shows! Assign the playback screen to a video output and bam!

:D

-N
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

bigaquarium wrote:Oh! (Sorry) video track on performance panel would be AWESOME for live shows! Assign the playback screen to a video output and bam!

:D

-N

Brilliant idea again, though I reckon there would need to be a standard video playback mechanism included i.e. not just a (very heavy cpu hitting) video edit (low quality) preview screen. :wink:
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Afternoon!

A “play mode” for performance panel so the clips themselves are the start/stop buttons instead of the little teeny ones. I have a touchscreen computer, plus I want to put MC on a Surface Pro for gigging!

Heck, a performance panel app for IPad would be even better!

-N
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi again’

Also “play once” sets that can either trigger the next set for intros and transitions or trigger stop for endings.

Also 1/2 bar clip size for pick up notes that can be triggered by the next set. Pickup notes on a grid system is a big deal for making it sound less clunky.

In fact, a pickup marker in addition to the loop markers for clips would be a phenomenal improvement for all modes in MC. You could say drag the marker back 2 beats and it would play once the first time the clip is played and then loop normally.

-N