Mixcraft not saving and freezing Please help

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft not saving and freezing Please help

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Yes, Eric replied to you and suggested to raise your latency setting. Did you get that email?

When you talk about latency, are you talking about the audio breaking up, or are you talking about the lag before you hear the audio? Because having your latency set too low will cause your audio to break up and increasing the latency setting should smooth playback out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Benjamin Drew

Post by Benjamin Drew »

Acoustica Greg wrote:HI,

Yes, Eric replied to you and suggested to raise your latency setting. Did you get that email?

When you talk about latency, are you talking about the audio breaking up, or are you talking about the lag before you hear the audio? Because having your latency set too low will cause your audio to break up and increasing the latency setting should smooth playback out.

Greg
I've never had a problem with either. I was just saying before now, if I set the latency higher than 6, the audio delay became significant. I was just surprised to see it report at just over 20 and have no delays in audio.

My whole problem began when Mixcraft started freezing up on me to the point it wouldn't save a project and I would have to manually force shut down the entire computer.

We'll see how it goes from here on out. Last night went extremely smooth working on a project.

I'll go and check my email.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, just making sure we were talking about the same thing.

Updating audio drivers can really make all the difference in some cases.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101