What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

Just for fun: list your top three feature requests for Mixcraft 9.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by mixyguy2 »

I knew you'd have to give up on that mega-thread sooner or later :wink: And could hardly blame you. I hope this provides you a much more concise, workable package of ideas.

Mine (can I change later?):

Make the transport bar (record, play etc buttons) undockable so I can move it wherever I want. Failing that, at least move it from dead center to a far corner of the screen. But undockable would be much better IMO w/the freedom to move it anywhere (much like the other modals).

When in "musical typing" mode (yes I use that a lot! It's not just handy but necessary when on travel), disable the R button starting a recording. I can't tell you how many times this has happened when I don't want it to and there's no point to/need for it when in that mode. And oddly, it isn't always there, only when I have certain "root" notes (how that 1 octave is positioned).

More options to change default settings, for ex. the master volume or what song auto-loads when I start MC.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hmm only three?

I may change my mind. Have to think on this.
But for now-

1: Expanded routing capabilities. (IE: the ability to route things like a send return to a submix, instead of main bus only.)

2: Editing function overhaul/update for MIDI c.c. parameters, including curves and such. (See previous comments in suggestions thread which mention some specific examples seen in the wild. Yeah seriously!)

3: Integrated channel strip controls to include input gain, sweepable mid range eq freq, compression/gating IE: similar to a pro desk channel strip emulation.

4: Crap. Three huh? 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hah! I thought of making it top five, but then people would want top ten.

I just kind of wanted to gauge which features the user forum crew really wanted to see in Mixcraft 9. As always, we'll never be able to include all suggestions, because we don't have an army of software developers, and some of your favorite suggestions may not make into the next version.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

1. ALL Mixcraft 8 bugs fixed (MOST IMPORTANT).

2. The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files. For example like "snapshot" that lets you try different mixes, FX, EQ, or any mixer setting or track parameters before you decide which one to mixdown. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts.

3. Undockable transport.
Last edited by jlouvar on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 am, edited 9 times in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Mouse wheel scroll control!

M
aj113

Post by aj113 »

1. Micro fade in/out function for micro editing.

2. Micro fade in/out function for micro editing. Please!!!

3. Some way of differentiating (at-a-glance) the automation parameter that is currently selected in the automation lane. So many times I have adjusted a dry/wet reverb parameter (or similar) that I have previously adjusted, thinking it is the default volume parameter.

Edit: If you decide to adopt either 1 or 2, I would like to volunteer for consultation on its exact function.
chibear

Post by chibear »

1. Complete overhaul of editing features, allowing all automation (both CC and Host) and display of those at both clip and track level (Yes 2 separate levels of automation) with a display capable of straight lines and curves on ALL parameters.

2. The ability to create and edit macros utilizing all commands in Mixcraft.

3. Either expand the notation editor so it can produce parts and scores with controls over transpositions, clefs, dynamics etc.
Or........
Provide a method of seamless export to MuScore to accomplish the same.

Incorporate these and Mixcraft might become my main DAW again :wink:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

What chibear said
plus (Amongst other things I'll recall later)

Filterable Event List editing as was in Midi Orchestrator in 1995 (see 3 screenshots of the way it worked from these 3 screenshots loaded in the identical event list system of the later Voyetra release Record Producer Deluxe)
2019-04-11 12_29_35-.png
2019-04-11 12_29_35-.png (128.27 KiB) Viewed 62346 times
2019-04-11 12_28_09-.png
2019-04-11 12_28_09-.png (306.16 KiB) Viewed 62346 times
2019-04-11 12_28_46-.png
2019-04-11 12_28_46-.png (305.67 KiB) Viewed 62346 times
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

1. More detailed editing for MixCrafts preset sounds. The ability to adjust the basics such as Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, and filters would really be great.

2. Undockable transport controls.

3. More pro look (I know, that’s been a controversial one).
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

3. Broader color palette and skins.

2. Option to edit waves within timeline or using external editor.

1. Option to see markers when sound editing window is un-docked, maximized and hence covering the timeline.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

1. Better software
Last edited by sjoens on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Afternoon!

Ok, here goes:

1. Automatic zero-cross function/option on loops. This makes the difference between composing/performing live with the performance panel or not. If you have delay or reverb tails on a clip, there is no time to take care of popping and clicking when the loop repeats while you are performing. Plus there really isn't true waveform editing within MC anyway, plus it pops and clicks with volume envelopes too. Plus this is a no brainer. :D

2. Pick-up note/Tag function on loops will allow adding notes to the beginning and end of a loop that play only once. This allows you to add pick-up notes at the beginning, and say a held chord at the end, without going through a bunch of loopal calisthenics. This also makes using loops much more musical. Here is a depiction of what the Piano Roll UI might look like for this:
Pickup_Tag.PNG
Pickup_Tag.PNG (51.22 KiB) Viewed 62175 times
3. +1 on Chibear's suggestion: it's time for the bar graph MIDI CC to give way to lines and curves, probably the biggest impediment to MIDI work in MC right now.

Thanks!

- N
mick

Post by mick »

As per Chibears suggestion, the integration of Musescore.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

1: real midi overdub in performance cells, instead of creating new lanes.
2: enhanced video editing. (more and better filters, keying...)
3: better pitch-shift/tiemstrstch algo

thanks !! :D