MIXCRAFT 7 - MIX DOWN TO WAV FORMAT

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bpenza

MIXCRAFT 7 - MIX DOWN TO WAV FORMAT

Post by bpenza »

I've got a mix. Sounds fine, but the vocal has too much breathing. So I edit the vocal track volume and reduce during the breath segments. The mix sounds fine. I export the mix to .mp3. Listen and it sounds great.
I export the mix to .wav (to get the full essence of data) and the .WAV COMPLETELY IGNORES ALL MY EDITING ON THE VOCAL VOLUME TRACK. AS IF I DID NOTHING.

Anyone know why .wav export does this? Thanks for any help you can give.
aj113

Re: MIXCRAFT 7 - MIX DOWN TO WAV FORMAT

Post by aj113 »

The volume automation is definitely buggy. It often creates all sorts of crackles and pops at each node point. I'm not aware of MC completely ignoring it on mixdown though.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Did you mixdown with the same bit and sample rates as you recorded with? That'll do it every time.

M
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

aj113 wrote:The volume automation is definitely buggy. It often creates all sorts of crackles and pops at each node point.
I’ve never experienced that problem with MX8.
Rolling Estonian wrote:Did you mixdown with the same bit and sample rates as you recorded with? That'll do it every time.

M
+1 to what Rolling Estonian said.

The following is from another thread:
https://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewto ... =4&t=24510
Acoustica Greg wrote:
Hi,

If the mixed-down sound sounds normal when you load it back into Mixcraft, then it's probably the Windows audio enhancements thing, or some other playback issue.

If the mixed-down sound sounds wrong when you load it into Mixcraft and play it, then try this;

Mix down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in Sound Device preferences. For example, if you're using a sample rate of 48000 Hz in Mixcraft's sound device preferences, mix down to a wav file with a sample rate of 48000 Hz. To change the sample rate of your mixed down files, click Edit Details / Specifiy Settings when you go to mix down.

Why is this happening? Because some plugins don't work properly if the sample rate changes upon mix down.

Greg
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar