MixCraft and TTS-1 DXi ???

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

MixCraft and TTS-1 DXi ???

Post by squeakie »

Is MixCraft capable of running the TTS-1, it’s a DXi..??

Thx
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Re: MixCraft and TTS-1 DXi ???

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We dropped support for DirectX plugins because the technology is outdated and buggy, and most all plugins are available as VST or VST3.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Thanks for the response. I can still use it in Cakewalk, but thought it’d make a great alternative GM set in MixCraft.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

I think "Acoustica Instruments" plugin sounds fine, but if you want to get closer to TTS-1 sound, here are the choices:
  • Find a copy of EDIROL HyperCanvas VST, which is identical to Sonar's TTS-1 plugin.
  • Find a DXi-to-VST adapter, or use a DAW that supports DXi as a ReWire slave in Mixcraft, like earlier versions of FL Studio. I think this is the worst option.
  • Find Sound Canvas GM soundfonts and use them in sforzando.
  • Buy Roland Sound Canvas VA plugin. It was around $150 IIRC.
  • Buy an actual Roland Sound Canvas or any GM/GS-compliant hardware. This could be a Roland workstation keyboard from 90s, or a sound module like Yamaha MU series. Seems to be a cheaper option than the Sound Canvas VA plugin.
  • Buy Roland's "SOUND Canvas" app for iPhone/iPad.
  • You just want an affordable multitimbral instrument with many sounds? Xpand!2 is $19.99 on Plugin Boutique at the moment, and sounds better than everything above.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I actually have the TTS-1. I use it in Cakewalk. I also have the Roland RS-70, which has Roland’s GM2 patch set, but due to space in my setup, it’s too cumbersome having to set it up, and take it down.

I looked at the Sound Canvas VST, and while I do like it, I feels it’s overpriced when you consider its limitations. I do own Xpand!2, but I only paid $4.99 for it :-)

I’ll just continue to use the TTS-1 with Cakewalk.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

daveiv wrote: .... You just want an affordable multitimbral instrument with many sounds? Xpand!2 is $19.99 on Plugin Boutique at the moment, and sounds better than everything above.
+100 on the above suggestion.

This is a great rompler for the price, and if you're not in a hurry, wait for one of their $1 sales where this (and other plugins) can be had for literally one dollar! (That's what I paid for it last year, when they seemed to be having their "Dollar sales" every other month)!
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

JonInc wrote:
daveiv wrote: .... You just want an affordable multitimbral instrument with many sounds? Xpand!2 is $19.99 on Plugin Boutique at the moment, and sounds better than everything above.
+100 on the above suggestion.

This is a great rompler for the price, and if you're not in a hurry, wait for one of their $1 sales where this (and other plugins) can be had for literally one dollar! (That's what I paid for it last year, when they seemed to be having their "Dollar sales" every other month)!
I agree, it’s a great VST. I use it all the time. PluginBotique tends to run AIR and SoniVox deals a lot. Not long ago they ran a deal that if you buy literally anything on the site, they gave you the AAS Sessions bundle for free. I paid $1.00 and bought AIR Hybrid...., one of the best VST deals I’ve bought IMO.

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As mentioned, you could try using a VST DirectX wrapper plugin to get TTS-1 to run in Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101