New original song: The Joke's On You

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

New original song: The Joke's On You

Post by msnickybee »

Hi folks

See what you think to this one... would love your feedback!... it's a bit weird...the process of songwriting isn't easy, is it?
And sometimes I spend much more time with song structure, than I do wrestling with Mixcraft (which I've been using since v5).

The Joke's On You on YouTube.

It started out with me mapping it out with drums parts for about 5 or 6 different tempos (it was a nightmare), and ended up with me just playing guitar & vocals live in a single take. Funny how it works out. The song's a bit disjointed, and the outro from 3mins is the fun bit that was originally intended for each chorus section. In the end, I wrote it the other week then just finished it as quick as I could, otherwise I know what I'm like... I'd have tweaked it to death over several months! For example, some of the production decisions could be...improved I guess. Lack of bass guitar? Does the cello really cover that? etc.
Also, I think the side channel could possibly do with a bit of different EQ. Mixcraft doesn't always make that easy.

I'm not much of a piano player, or a singer, but I've always enjoyed using Pianissimo. Everything else is totally wall to wall freeware, and Mixcraft 8.1 ProStudio, which I always enjoy using.

thanks folks!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Mark Bliss

Re: New original song: The Joke's On You

Post by Mark Bliss »

NICKY!
Miss you!

Was just writing to Tom about some of our adventures before checking here for anything new. Karma.

Drop me a note and catch me up!

*Just watched/listened on my tablet so far.
Yes I earned my medal!
Wow, just wow! Thats all for now!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Tasty arrangements! A touch of Beautiful South, I think!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Great job! Very pleasant on the ears!
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

M@rkus wrote:Tasty arrangements! A touch of Beautiful South, I think!
freightgod wrote:Great job! Very pleasant on the ears!
Huge thank you to you both! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Still lots to learn with multitracking and production, even after all these years...day job gets in the way! Thanks again :-)
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel