VST Plug ins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gerhost

VST Plug ins

Post by gerhost »

Hello everybody!
Have a question.
My additional VST plugins EZ Drummer u. EZ Keys work. But where are they in the Plugin Manager? Find in the folder itself in the PC no *. Dll files
Where are the?
Please look at the picture of Manager.
mixcraft_vst.jpg
mixcraft_vst.jpg (352.72 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Greetings Gerry
Rolling Estonian

Re: VST Plug ins

Post by Rolling Estonian »

They're virtual instruments not plugins. They also have installed shells and don't just have a dll file, it's a program.

M
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Rolling Estonian wrote:They're virtual instruments not plugins. They also have installed shells and don't just have a dll file, it's a program.

M
I confess I don't understand the OP or the reply, e.g.:

- virtual instruments are indeed plugins (they are a type of plugin)
- not sure what "installed shells" means, unless you mean plugins which also have a stand-alone program (that don't require the DAW to run)..but not all plugins have this

As to the OP, the picture you showed is just the path(s) you add to tell Mixcraft where the plugins are located, i.e. where you installed them. If you don't know where you installed them, try searching your C: drive. Or you could go to Control Panel, uninstall them, and then re-install them, this time paying attention to where you install them. :wink: I suggest something simple like C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins. That is where all of mine are.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Semantics.

Yes, the titles mentioned by the OP are plug-ins. They could be called virtual instruments, (VSTi) but they are more than that as well.
The Toontracks installers place multiple files, in their own folders, in multiple places. Data, manuals, license management, and more.

The real question is: If the installation is working (as stated by the OP), why do you ask this question?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The image in the original post shows the list of VST folders that Mixcraft searches for plugins.

On my computer, EZDrummer is installed in: C:\Program Files\VST\

Inside a Toontrack subfolder.

Mixcraft does have a Manage Plug-Ins option under the File menu that will show you a list of plugins that you can disable or enable.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101