2 new tunes I've finished

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Fansang

2 new tunes I've finished

Post by Fansang »

I continue to be productive. Here's my latest 2 songs I've finished in Mixcraft.

Swan Song---https://youtu.be/K27I-kgBJR4

The Real Truth---https://youtu.be/6zQ6ERtaKSA
bigaquarium

Re: 2 new tunes I've finished

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Well recorded, well done.
Words on 'The Real Truth' are more positive than in 'Swan Song', which is a good thing as it is better to encourage rising out of mess than to appear to throw mess at others (yes, I know many people writing lyrics do that, but it does always look slightly reprehensible to me). Perhaps a more free (less tight) approach with the music might help take the edge off that a bit, just a thought. Anyway, keep at it. Interesting to listen to. :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Well done!

What drums and bass guitar do you use? EZ drums and Rickenbacker?
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
Fansang

Post by Fansang »

Thanks chaps!

Ian Craig- I get what you mean about the lyrics. I feel like most of the stuff I've written as of late has a more positive vibe. With Swan Song I think that's just what came out at the time. Not exactly sure what your "more free, less tight" is getting at exactly though if you'd like to extrapolate on that please do :)

M@rkus- The drums on Swan Song are samples straight out of Mixcraft 8 sound library while The Real Truth uses MT Power Drum Kit, sort of a EZDrummer freeware. Very nice.
The bass guitar I use is a short scale Ibanez Mikro GSRM 20 because I'm a guitar player and a standard scale bass feels enormous to me ;) The amp plugin is the SHB-1 by Ignite Amps. Freeware as well :)
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Fansang wrote:Not exactly sure what your "more free, less tight" is getting at exactly though if you'd like to extrapolate on that please do :)
It's just that the tighter music is (less soloey, more straight forward) the more the words come to the fore and can seem to be overly-critical in tone. I'm guilty of it myself and rock music has traditionally relied in general on the appearance of solidity and roughness as a primary selling point (which is why politicians like using it at their rallies). It's a matter of taste in genre of course, but if the structure seems to depend upon the verses in an overly tight way, the whole thing can seem more aggressive or like a crusade of poisoned punches. I think loosening up the structure musically is all that I was suggesting. Anyway, good luck with it :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6