What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

[1] Was going to ask for the ability to open an instrument or effect directly from the track without going through the menu - but realized you can use the right mouse button . . . [Should probably go back and review some of the Mixcraft University videos!]

[2] Ability to record audio from a virtual instrument track, directly into an audio track. I have a couple of instruments that have parameters I can't automate and this would help.

[3] Some sort of visual alert to let me know I have a cup of coffee on the go. Should be self explanatory.

A comment about posts related to the visual appearance of Mixcraft. (Skins, wood paneling, etc.) I think most of the feedback is that performance should always be the primary focus. I would agree, but for me, and I'm sure some others, everything I produce uses virtual instruments and samples. If I'm doing anything related to making music, I'm working in Mixcraft. So, I tend to think of it as an instrument, and it's appearance is quite important. That said, I would not recommend many changes as the current GUI is clean, easy to use and visually appealing.

Thanks Acoustica!
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Northfield.Lenox wrote:[1] Was going to ask for the ability to open an instrument or effect directly from the track without going through the menu - but realized you can use the right mouse button . . . [Should probably go back and review some of the Mixcraft University videos!]

[2] Ability to record audio from a virtual instrument track, directly into an audio track. I have a couple of instruments that have parameters I can't automate and this would help.

[3] Some sort of visual alert to let me know I have a cup of coffee on the go. Should be self explanatory.

A comment about posts related to the visual appearance of Mixcraft. (Skins, wood paneling, etc.) I think most of the feedback is that performance should always be the primary focus. I would agree, but for me, and I'm sure some others, everything I produce uses virtual instruments and samples. If I'm doing anything related to making music, I'm working in Mixcraft. So, I tend to think of it as an instrument, and it's appearance is quite important. That said, I would not recommend many changes as the current GUI is clean, easy to use and visually appealing.

Thanks Acoustica!

:idea:

Many users think and know that the appearance of Mixcraft 8 is delayed in relation to many other Daw and that makes many users do not consider Mixcraft as a professional tool of musical work. Obviously there are others who are not interested in that aspect of the product. I think that a balance between benefits and visually professional would be a fair combination for those who have paid for the product.

We are in a visual era and that attracts a lot, nobody would go to buy a 2000 year phone now, and it would not do it simply because of what they looked like, visually speaking. The same applies to an application or software, if it is visually appealing and with professional features it is a desirable product.

Mixcraft has interesting features and an excellent work-flow, but it lacks that final touch of visual refinement, at least until this version 8, greetings.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

FWIW: I like the way MX8 visually looks. 8) :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nugemusic

Post by Nugemusic »

I Would love to See "groups" to optimize Work Area Clutter
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Nugemusic wrote:I Would love to See "groups" to optimize Work Area Clutter
Hi,

Do you know about submix tracks?

Greg
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

It's been a few months.......

Mouse wheel scroll control (the mouse wheel will control sliders and knobs when mouse pointer is above the knob or slider area) Almost every third party vst has this and it's as common as it is super convenient.

Thanks!

M
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi,
If there is some way of making send tracks output available as an audio source that could be sent to other send tracks that would be great
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

TOP THREE

1. More [user programmable] SHORTCUTS. Like I hate trying to size the video screen, cause
it's so clumsy. Shortcuts you can program to perform your various functions.

2. LARGER WINDOWS where used. I hate scrolling through tiny windows for various functions. Thats so ancient, Windows ME, circa year 1999.

3 TYPE IN SEARCHES. Forget scrolling through lists. that's ancient. Type in what
your searching for.

THANKS
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

guitbuddy wrote:3 TYPE IN SEARCHES. Forget scrolling through lists. that's ancient. Type in what
your searching for.
You can already search for effects, virtual instruments and sounds. What do you want to search for?
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

One more for the pile.

It would be nice to have a shortcut feature when selecting a quiet section on a clip that allows one to right click and choose "mute". I realize I could use automation, but when you're doing a bunch of sections it would be much easier than setting all those points and dropping the volume line for each one.

"I'm just a lazy boy. Lazy like glue." (Paul Anka's lazy, younger brother)
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Last edited by bigaquarium on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.