DSK VST'S WITH MIXCRAFT

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

DSK VST'S WITH MIXCRAFT

Post by geobee »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is using the $25AUD VST pack from DSK, and if so what is the best format to select when ordering? I currently use a couple of their freebies, mainly the Nylon guitar, and it is so close to the normal instrument, it is difficult to differ. In the purchase pack, it lists several formats to select from, would these need to be played via a VST player, such as Kontakt etc? or just within Mixcraft, like other VST's? Any help is much appreciated.
JonInc

Re: DSK VST'S WITH MIXCRAFT

Post by JonInc »

Yes, they offer different formats but you don't have to choose just one, since they are all available when you make any purchase. From the purchase page: "You can get all the formats you want with a single donation, just contact us after make the payment".

If you don't already own a sample player, here are a couple of good ones that are free:

https://www.tx16wx.com/

https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando.html
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

It’d be great if this HQ pack was offered as VST without the need of an additional sample player.

If you do purchase the set, please post your thoughts on the quality of sounds and if MixCraft and the sample player get along.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
geobee

Post by geobee »

Hi, decided against the set, if they were just normal VST's, yes, but sample players don't really interest me. The less mucking around I need to do to get a sound, the better. The nylon guitar is great, but I bet many of the pack don't match it in quality. Probably lots I would never use, being a purist from the ''old school'' . :D
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

geobee wrote:The less mucking around I need to do to get a sound, the better.
This should be like, a cult or something....... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Thanks for replying! I’m the same way. I prefer to simply use a VST instead of having to use a sample player. Plus I don’t see any way to acquire a trial version to see if the sounds are to your liking.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,