Neutron 3

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

comedians

Neutron 3

Post by comedians »

Izotope released Neutron 3 today, would be interested in the opinions from anyone who may try it out.

The main changes that seem beneficial to me particularly is the system load as Neutron 2 can hog resources but they claim 3 is not resource hungry. I shall download when I get back from a break and post my findings.
guitbuddy

Re: Neutron 3

Post by guitbuddy »

Im interested in that. Is there any UPGRADE PRICE / PATH for Izotope Mastering Essentials in MX 8.

Will it EVEN WORK - in MX8?
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi

It works remarkably well and there were some very good opening upgrades. I tried it for a couple of weeks & is a big improvement on the previous version. The GUI is superb to work with, and look at!
It is not clunky & resource hungry as Neutron 2 was/is allowing many more instances before there is any sign of starting to chug.

The mixer assistant really does work, balancing a pretty fair rough mix and it keeps the headroom because of the relay plugin used on every track as it senses the best input level for the following vst, automatic gain staging.

Transparent & nice sound.
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Sounds good.

I'm leery of any plugins now. Does it take the place of Izotope mastering essentials?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Neutron3 is pretty remarkable. Works well and I like.
But even though it is lighter on resources than the previous version, I would still suggest this type of plug-in has elevated resource needs and may not perform well on a marginal system.

As to comparing "Mastering Essentials"....
Opinion. That plug-in was probably superceded what.... Three, four years ago?
Some people liked it, I was never very excited with my results.
I believe it was a stripped down version of Ozone5 components? Maybe even prior to that. More current versions of their programs are no comparison IMO.

But Neutron is more intended as a mixing "channel strip" where Ozone is intended more as a Mastering suite. Though there is both some crossover as well as some symbiosis between the two.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page