MIXCRAFT 8 GLITCHES ON POWERFUL GAMING COMPUTER

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JERBEAR

MIXCRAFT 8 GLITCHES ON POWERFUL GAMING COMPUTER

Post by JERBEAR »

So i bought a new gaming computer, it's pretty powerful
but for some reason whenever i save a project in mixcraft 8 and re-open it,
a big distorted crash sound blows my headphones, and the projects master clips and the sound
harsh loud distortion sound continues till i click keys on my keyboard, then the red clipping bar and sound slowly goes back down.

I've been damaging my ears because this happens often when i open saved projects... this crash loud distorted sound. its like a big bomb of loud noise. It happens on mixcraft 8 64 and 32 version.
My projects arent even big, so it doesn't make sense, and the plugins are light and i dont use them that much.
Like i said, this is a brand new gaming computer.
it never did this with my older computer and this is a new modern and powerful gaming computer.
so why is it doing this?
Could anyone help me with this....
It always scares me to open a saved project bc im scared i will damage my ears again.....

Windows 10
Processor : intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHZ
RAM : 16 GB
System : 64
squeakie

Re: MIXCRAFT 8 GLITCHES ON POWERFUL GAMING COMPUTER

Post by squeakie »

Your computers specs are fine to handle MixCraft. The issue you’re probably having is related to optimizing your PC for audio recording. You might even have some third party software related to gaming that has to do with audio processing. Have a look at the Optimizing a PC section here on the forum.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

You don't mention your audio interface, which is the other critical element of your DAW system.

Some users can "get by" with an onboard sound card, but it really is no substitute for an audio interface with proper (stable, low-latency) ASIO drivers.

If you are using an audio interface, did you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site?

If you're using the onboard soundcard, did you check to see if there are ASIO drivers at the manufacturer's website? If there aren't, you might try the free asio4all universal driver.
JERBEAR

Post by JERBEAR »

squeakie wrote:Your computers specs are fine to handle MixCraft. The issue you’re probably having is related to optimizing your PC for audio recording. You might even have some third party software related to gaming that has to do with audio processing. Have a look at the Optimizing a PC section here on the forum.

Sqk
Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention that i dont play any games on this computer, i simply uses it fro recording. I will also check that forum section you mentioned, thank you!
JERBEAR

Post by JERBEAR »

JonInc wrote:You don't mention your audio interface, which is the other critical element of your DAW system.

Some users can "get by" with an onboard sound card, but it really is no substitute for an audio interface with proper (stable, low-latency) ASIO drivers.

If you are using an audio interface, did you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site?

If you're using the onboard soundcard, did you check to see if there are ASIO drivers at the manufacturer's website? If there aren't, you might try the free asio4all universal driver.

Hi, thanks for the response!
So i'm using a focusrite scarlett 2i2 interface. I also downloaded the latest drivers.
Yes i tried download the latest Asio drivers but when install them they dont show as an option in my daw which is strange. On my older computer the Asio worked fine and everytime i would open mixcraft it would even pop-up in the taskbar indicating its active, but not on this computer.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your Sound Device preference settings are key for this problem. What's your playback device? Are you using Core Audio (WaveRT)? ASIO?

Make sure your latency or buffer settings aren't set too low.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
JERBEAR

Post by JERBEAR »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Your Sound Device preference settings are key for this problem. What's your playback device? Are you using Core Audio (WaveRT)? ASIO?

Make sure your latency or buffer settings aren't set too low.

Greg
Hi Greg
In Mixcraft?
If so, i posted the attachment images so you can see.
Not: i have switched from focusrite to microphone many times, that being said using either one creates the same issue.
Attachments
image 3.jpg
image 3.jpg (88.8 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
image 2.jpg
image 2.jpg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
image 1.jpg
image 1.jpg (81.36 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could try selecting Exclusive Mode to see if that helps.

If that alone doesn't help, you could try increasing the latency setting a bit.

Greg
JERBEAR

Post by JERBEAR »

You could try selecting Exclusive Mode to see if that helps.

If that alone doesn't help, you could try increasing the latency setting a bit.

Greg
i've increased the latency settings many times...
i've also tried Exclusive mode in fact i usually use it bc when i record for some reason the vocals start recording a few seconds after so i always have to shift the entire audio wave to the left which is very annoying - so when i use the exclusive mode it helps a bit but the issue with that is that all audio is shuts off except for mixcraft which is also annoying. Not sure why this new computer is doing all this.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us the mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

In the 3rd pic of your post, Focusrite is listed but you're not in asio mode. Try this, close everything then plug in your Focusrite, then open MC and select asio and Focusrite. Also, I'd right click your speaker icon and make sure Focusrite is set to default and the sample and bit rates match what you have set in your Focusrite software.

M
JERBEAR

Post by JERBEAR »

The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us the mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Thank you so much for your help i will def do that when it happens again!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The suggestion of using ASIO mode is a good one.

Greg
comedians

Post by comedians »

The latest versions of Windows 10 (after 1709 I believe) are quite sneaky at taking control of audio, and printers, to work how it thinks it should.

I would suggest clicking the Windows flag, going into settings and type Audio in the search box. This will give a list of various settings plus find & fix options for playback, recording, updating drivers, managing audio devices etc.
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
How many ssd or hdd are installed on this computer? I use a separate hdd for recorded audio. Your vocal recording not lining up may be caused if you only have one drive.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1