Is there a way to copy tracks?

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Sorcerdon

Is there a way to copy tracks?

Post by Sorcerdon »

I mean lets say I set up a certain drum track in a certian order. Is there a way to select and copy a part of the track, or the entire track?
regards,
Sorcerdon
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sure, select the first pattern you want to copy within the sequence window, hold shift on your keyboard and then select the last one. They should all be highlited, right click on the selected area and choose copy. Then move the caret to the point you want to paste it, and right click and choose paste.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Hey Eric, how did you discover that trick?

What did you do, read the help file?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Lol, no. It's pretty common with all windows apps.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

:wink:
Sorcerdon

Post by Sorcerdon »

ok that is not what i meant.
Ok here is the question:

Can you copy beats?
Can you copy a track?

I dont mean patterns, i meant beats and tracks,

Meaning like if I make a 64 long track. I dont want to go all the way down to the end to make a constant closed hit. I want to copy the first 4 notes (beats) and just copy it to the rest. This would help if you set up difficult panning, i actually have to go to new beat (4 notes) and change panning on it. Cant I just copy it?
regards,
Sorcerdon
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

To do the constant hi hat thing, you would right click on the instrument track (to the left where it is named) and choose "set selected steps".
But no, there is no other way to tell it you want a hit on every such and such beat for a certain instrument.
If you are making patterns that are 64 beats long, I think you may be going about it the hard way.
I use Beatcraft constantly and use 4-5-6-8-12-16 at most.

Post by Guest »

how do i copy my saved beatcraft project onto a cd or mp3 player
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Beatcraft doesn't have a CD burning feature, so you'll need a CD burning program like Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, or you can just use Windows Media Player to burn the CD.

First, however, you have to "render" your project to a file format that your CD burning software can use. In Beatcraft, click on the File menu and choose "Render to..." then choose the format you want. WAV has the highest quality, but it also takes up the most hard drive space. MP3, WMA and OGG are all good compressed formats that take up less space, but make sure your burning software supports the one you choose.

Greg
Paul

Post by Paul »

great help thanks for that greg, just burnt my project onto disc using nero works superb