Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Video Rendering

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Buda Bless

Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Video Rendering

Post by Buda Bless »

I am having a lot of problems rendering video, seems like it gets worse with every new project I start.

Mixcraft's tech support seems to get me thru whatever project I was having trouble with at the time, but it seems like with about every new movie I make there was a new challenge with a different solution.

Sure my videos have become more and more complex but I have been able to produce a near 25 min mp4 with a small amount of automation. I like to run three video lanes and transition in between throughout the movie.

This current video I am working is 5 min 11 sec and same amount of automation and video lanes/transitions. But have had alot of different results trying to render this movie. It will only render into an avi too. The whole 5 min movie is like 40 some gigs

Does anyone know much about rendering video? My machine seems to be well within the required specs for the program. Thank you
Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Video Rendering

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi, while Mixcraft can do basic editing, it may be necessary to use other video tools to get consistent results. I use Mixcraft, Avs Video Editor, VSDC (which is cheap but complicated & there is a free version but it doesn't work properly with sound - I got it to layer multiple videos before I discovered mixcraft has video lanes), Movavi (which I bought just to reliably reverse video - it also changes playback speed , as mixcraft does, but more precisely) & Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 (but it wasn't worth the money it cost for me).
If you are stuck with AVI files, you will need to do a transcoding job (Mixcraft stops when trying this). I use AVS video convertor for this. (Note, if buying AVS software, be sure to get the unlimited license otherwise they expect you to buy a copy for each machine or installation, which isn't worth it. otherwise their stuff is great, though they have a small, dated GUI). There are probably free alternatives if you can be bothered searching endlessly for them. Maybe someone else here knows and will advise in the next 24 hours or so.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi

I don't have a problem with encoding to Mp4 in Mixcraft 8, or as I recall WMV either. If AVI is your only option I would suggest this, Download & install https://handbrake.fr/.

Render to AVI and drop the saved file into Handbrake. Select a preset for your desired output format and where to save. Click start.
It encodes quite quickly, you can of course set up your own presets.
Depending on what your after you can get a decent quality MP4 reducing disk size by a vast amount.
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

Thank you Ian, I have loaded an mp4 created by VSDC in slow motion into my mixcraft video lane (when problems started on this project). Would that cause adverse effects?
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

Thank you Comedians, the AVI mixcraft is able to produce is in slow motion. Would this program fix this?