Consolidating WAVS and bounce out to Logic Pro from MXC7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jonthebass

Consolidating WAVS and bounce out to Logic Pro from MXC7

Post by jonthebass »

I am a busy studio owner and thus have to get my head round a number of DAWS. My session with a client was abruptly ended when we tried to Export an entire project so i could mix and add real drums. There were 34 tracks to bounce out but would only allow 17 regions to "Mixdown to file". We tried everything but could only manage 17. We had to in the end bounce the 17, delete those regions and select the remaining 17. Whilst trying the entire project and halfway through we got this message "Error message: The Software Failed To Mix Down The Project".
It went on further to suggest that some files may still be in use with Mixcraft. Nope to that.
Does have a limit as to how many tracks you can "Mixdown" to another folder/file??
In Logic you just click on "file" select export and select all tracks as audio files. That's it. In mixcraft I noticed there was a merge function (sometimes used in terminology for consolidating) so I tried that but it just put all the wavs in another folder all justified to the left so that was no good. Then I tried mixdown. It only allowed 17 regions. We tried google, You Tube but there were no answers.
Can anyone please help with this as my clients song is a ripper and I want to get it done ffor him.
Cheers peeps.
Happy Levels
Jon. :)
Mark Bliss

Re: Consolidating WAVS and bounce out to Logic Pro from MXC7

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hi Jon, and welcome.

To migrate tracks to a different DAW for further work or re-mixing:

Decide if you want to render the tracks as mixed so far, including any effects and automation etc. or remove anything you wish to re-do or change. (I often strip them down to the "raw recordings" or as edited in production for re-mixing, or duplicate and render copies as-is and stripped for reference.)
At minimum, you'll likely want to disable any processing on the master bus so it is not "baked in"

To mix down to tracks in MX7, select "Mixdown to wav" from the file menu of the project.
1: Create and name a destination folder and name the project.
2: Set the wav format details as desired. (I would suggest using the same as what's used in the project. This isn't the time for changing this.)
3: Check the box for "mix each track to a separate file"
Mixdown to wav mx7.png
Mixdown to wav mx7.png (67.69 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
*Note that in MX8 there is a "mixdown to stems" function that streamlines all this somewhat.

Hope that helps!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jonthebass

Post by jonthebass »

Hi Mark.
Thanks for your detailed answer. Much appreciated. However, this is what we did point for point. Daw stopped at 17th track and left us with the message. It's so frustrating.
I'm not sure if my client had fx in the chain. If he did they would have been on the various tracks and not routed through busses and aux's. That might have been it thinking about it.
Cheers anyway for your answer; you might have got me opening up my mind a wee bit more here.
Cheers
J.P.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I've never experienced that, and am unaware (or can't remember :lol: )of any problem native to Mixcraft that would cause it. If it isn't caused by something like changing bit/sampling rate, it could be hanging up on a plug-in I suppose.
A log file captured when the problem occurs might reveal clues.

Either way, rendering in two groups worked?
I would be curious if opening the project in v8 and mixing down had a different result. (Could try it with the free trial version)

Opening v7 last night to produce that image, I realized its been long enough.... I can delete that old version.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 8 has a "Mix Down to Stems" option on the File menu. Download Mixcraft 8.

There's no set limit to the number of tracks you can mix down to in Mixcraft 7 (assuming there's plenty of hard drive space, etc).

Make sure you've got Mixcraft v7.7 build 316. If it's an older build, choose "Check For Updates" from the Help menu and then quit Mixcraft as the patch downloads in order to install it.

If that's not the problem, try it again and send us the Mixraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101