Mixcraft 8 with Behringer BCF2000

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Marronnier

Mixcraft 8 with Behringer BCF2000

Post by Marronnier »

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of using the Behringer BCF2000 with Mixcraft 8. I have found some references to the effect that it does not work well with Mixcraft 6 but can't find any info on using it with Mixcraft 8. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Marronnier

Re: Mixcraft 8 with Behringer BCF2000

Post by Marronnier »

Apologies, I'm new to this board and just realised I've put this in the wrong section - could a moderator move it or should I repost in an appropriate group?
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.

I "think" I recall reading something about an older Behringer audio interface having problems with Windows 10... But I haven't read anything about a Behringer audio interface not working with Mixcraft (if it works with other DAW's it should also work with Mixcraft).

PS: I recommend Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio... It's awesome. Plus it's on sale right now for only $79.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

The BCF2000 looks like an older version of the X-Touch board that I am using. Works well in Mixcraft 8 using Mackie Control under Control Surface options. Only a few bells and whistles such as the dedicated utility buttons and function keys don't work with Mixcraft but the BCF2000 doesn't seem to have those from what I've seen on Google Images. Best bet would be to try it out 8)

GrumpySnake
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

grumpysnake wrote:The BCF2000 looks like an older version of the X-Touch board that I am using. Works well in Mixcraft 8 using Mackie Control under Control Surface options. Only a few bells and whistles such as the dedicated utility buttons and function keys don't work with Mixcraft but the BCF2000 doesn't seem to have those from what I've seen on Google Images. Best bet would be to try it out 8)

GrumpySnake
So I decided to dig through the manual for the BCF2000, and it looks like it's MIDI-over-USB only. No Mackie control like the X-Touch.

But, since it's MIDI-enabled, you can create custom assignments using the control surface editing tool in Mixcraft 8.