Changing Effects in Real Time

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Matt13456

Changing Effects in Real Time

Post by Matt13456 »

Hey,
I have mixcraft 7 and I’m new to it. Is there a way to change the levels of effects as the song plays? For example, if I add reverb to a track is there a way to change the intensity of the reverb as the tune plays? I’m not looking for an instant change. I’m looking for something that would be gradual and audible as the song plays on.
Additionally I have several effects pedals I like the sound of and I want to try sweeping different knobs while my track plays. Is there a way to add an effect pedal after I’ve recorded a track and then play the track back with the effect pedal engaged so that I can increase/ decrease different sounds/ turn the knobs of the pedal.
Thank you for any help.
GovernmentMule

Re: Changing Effects in Real Time

Post by GovernmentMule »

"I have mixcraft 7 and I’m new to it. Is there a way to change the levels of effects as the song plays? For example, if I add reverb to a track is there a way to change the intensity of the reverb as the tune plays? I’m not looking for an instant change. I’m looking for something that would be gradual and audible as the song plays on. "

Just bring the effects window up while the tune/track is playing and adjust the knobs to your liking. If this is not what you are looking for check out the automation lane. This will change the reverb automatically the way you tell the effect to do so in the automation lane. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAWRazV ... e=youtu.be

"Additionally I have several effects pedals I like the sound of and I want to try sweeping different knobs while my track plays. Is there a way to add an effect pedal after I’ve recorded a track and then play the track back with the effect pedal engaged so that I can increase/ decrease different sounds/ turn the knobs of the pedal."

You would have to have an audio interface with enough ins and outs to do this. You would have to send the output of the track out to your interface and then have it send it out to your external effect and from there back to an input of your interface and into a new track in Mixcraft. The problem with this is it introduces latency (delay) of the signal. Some DAWS have compensation for this latency built in. I have not tried this in Mixcraft. Check out page 40 in the Mixcraft 7 manual or page 384 in the mixcraft 8 manual.