Finally Giving Up on Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cre8tivetype

Finally Giving Up on Mixcraft

Post by cre8tivetype »

I've tried this DAW for 3 years and have seen many improvements but after upgrading to Pro Studio in hopes for success, I'm finally giving up!! There is not a day that goes by that this SW is not having issues: sound quality, playback, timing, Melodyne crashing...you name it. I even bought a brand new computer with 32GB of RAM to ensure high performance. It's so frustrating because I do love the ease of use and the interface. It just sucks I can't even get into a recording groove without some kind of technical issue disrupting my flow. I end up spending more time troubleshooting than actually recording. I'm literally just recording vocals on top of an instrumental, nothing fancy and not a lot of plugins. I'm finally throwing in the towel and giviing up on this buggy DAW. I already tried to get a refund but that seemed like a waste of time.
squeakie

Re: Finally Giving Up on Mixcraft

Post by squeakie »

Wow, 32 gigs of RAM! What kind of computer do you have? What are the specs? No DAW is perfect, but MixCraft is a pretty reliable one IMO.

What’s your set up in terms of gear you’re using? Did you optimize Windows for audio recording? Did you make sure to disable your Anti-Virus program? Have you gone into task manager and turned off all the unnecessary programs running in the background? What audio driver are you using?

What browser did you use to download MixCraft.., this can sometimes make a difference.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
cre8tivetype

Post by cre8tivetype »

I have a Xidax computer built with gaming standards. I've reached out to Acoustica customer support several times over the past 6 months and did the following:
-Uninstalled then reinstalled the 32-bit and 64-bit versions using Chrome, Mozilla, and IE.
-Redownloaded all drivers
-Optimized PC for windows
-Turned off anti-spyware and virus protection while using
-Closed all programs in the background that were not necessary

The funny thing is my vocals sound 100% better even using the cheap program Audacity. The audio was so bad, I considered upgrading all my equipment but when I used Pro Tools or even Cubase, I didn't have any issues. Most recent issues were distorted playback and timing where the song would just slow down at random times for no reason. After months of troubleshooting a new error every day, I decided my best bet is learning yet another DAW. Thinking about Ableton Live as my next choice.

Gear:
--Focusrite Solo 2i2
-Audio-Technica AT2035 Condenser Mic
-JPL 305P Monitors
-Asio audio driver
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, you joined the forum today to say you’re leaving.

BTW: I have a cheap little PC and Mixcraft 8 Pro runs and sounds fantastic with it.

Anyway, goodbye and good luck.
Last edited by jlouvar on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

How does MixCraft run on your computer by itself without doing audio recording? Do you have a midi controller? If the DAW runs fine using the included sounds/VST’s, and plug-ins, the issue might be with your external gear.

I have read posts on various forums over the years about people having issues with Gaming PC’s used for studio projects that involve DAW’s. Some DAW’s perform well on them, and some do not.

I’m running MixCraft on a laptop with an i5, and only 8 gigs of RAM. It runs very well on it. My very old PC with an i3 and 4 gigs of RAM can run it.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
geobee

Post by geobee »

Mmm, joined the forums this date and hasn't asked a question before, even thought they have had so many issues with the product? I have Mixcraft Pro Studio running on Win 7, 4 gig of ram, and a 160 gig drive, and I have done radio jingles that are played on FM radio stations here in Australia, and they have to be of ''broadcast quality'' to get past the management. So, my friend, either something is seriously wrong with your setup, or you are coming here as a representative of the opposition, IMO. To say Audacity gives a better result than Mixcraft.......NO, not possible, even if Mixcraft was operating on and old XP machine.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

cre8tivetype wrote:....I'm finally throwing in the towel and giviing up on this buggy DAW...
The obvious thing to point out is when the vast majority of users aren't experiencing the problems you are, it suggests that either 1) You are using Mixcraft in a way that no one else is, or 2) There is something specific to your system that is causing your problems.

My guess is, it's the latter. Something like a problematic hardware driver can wreak havoc on your system's timing. Also, there are a few models of motherboard that have inherent non-fixable DPC latency problems and so, are not suitable for DAW use (I learned this from a well-regarded DAW system builder).

You own a Focusrite interface so I'd expect that you already did the DPC latency troubleshoot (From their knowledge base). If not, I STRONGLY suggest you do so:

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... PC-latency
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

cre8tivetype wrote:I have a Xidax computer built with gaming standards. I've reached out to Acoustica customer support several times over the past 6 months and did the following:
-Uninstalled then reinstalled the 32-bit and 64-bit versions using Chrome, Mozilla, and IE.
-Redownloaded all drivers
-Optimized PC for windows
-Turned off anti-spyware and virus protection while using
-Closed all programs in the background that were not necessary
Hi,

You must have contacted us with a different email address. Please submit a support request and let me know which email address you used so I can review what's going on with your log files and so on. Submit a support request here.

Maybe we missed something. You shouldn't be crashing that much.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

EDIT: I agree with Mark’s reply below 100%.
It never ceases to impress me how the good folks who frequent this forum can go so far over the top to try and help people, but sometimes IMO its best to recognize: The OP never asked for help, just vented.

I think sometimes the proper response is simply- good luck, hope you find a better solution. And if you ever change your mind and want help, let us know.

I think you will find there are always people here who are willing. 8)
Last edited by jlouvar on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
comedians

Post by comedians »

There has been made no mention of what sound card is being used which is quite important I believe!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

It never ceases to impress me how the good folks who frequent this forum can go so far over the top to try and help people, but sometimes IMO its best to recognize: The OP never asked for help, just vented.

I think sometimes the proper response is simply- good luck, hope you find a better solution. And if you ever change your mind and want help, let us know.

I think you will find there are always people here who are willing. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
cre8tivetype

Post by cre8tivetype »

Wow you guys really think I'm a rep for audacity? Like Mixcraft is even a top DAW listed in any DAW reviews enough for me to try and create a fake account to support a FREE sw like audacity. I'm not a new member, I've never joined the forums before but I've had Mixcraft for years. I posted this post to see if anyone was having the same issues and was switching to another DAW. I don't appreciate the rude responses you all like to call "help". Definitely not a great feeling of support here at all. But thanks everyone for the "great" feedback.

Sound Card: NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, Realtek Audio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you contacted tech. support before? Please send in a support request and let me know what email you used so I can go over the suggestions that were made.

Edited to add: you'll have a better experience with any DAW if you get a low-latency audio interface that's designed for home recording. The soundcard that's built into your computer shares processing with other devices in your motherboard, so it can't provide the performance that a dedicated audio interface can.

Thanks,

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101