So, all of my Favorites vanished! SOLVED!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

So, all of my Favorites vanished! SOLVED!

Post by squeakie »

I don’t know why or how, but all of my Favorites vanished. I opened up MC8 to do a project, and noticed that the Favorites section said (0).

I still have MC7 (keep it as a back up DAW), and when I opened it, all the Favorites were also gone in it, so I’m at a loss. I hope I can get them back because right now I’ve lost all of my “go to” patches I created. Restarted the computer twice, and no change.

Sqk
Last edited by squeakie on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
jlouvar

Re: Soooo, all of my Favorites vanished!

Post by jlouvar »

Wow bummer, that's never happened to me. I'm guessing you'll need to resave your favorites and patches... Also if you can get it to happen again maybe Acoustica Tech Support can help you troubleshoot the problem. https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new
Best wishes
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
squeakie

Re: So, all of my Favorites vanished! SOLVED!

Post by squeakie »

SOLVED!
Solution: I’m an idiot :roll:
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Dont feel bad, I troubleshoot that symptom fairly regularly myself..... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

"Oops" is my nickname... lol. :lol:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
What did you do to get them back?
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

There’s still a bit of a mystery, but me freaking out thinking I just lost all of my custom patches resulted in me being an idiot 8)

The mystery is that my Favorites folder mysteriously emptied itself. I about lost it, and didn’t think of looking at all the sound categories to see if the custom patches were still there. I giggled like I little girl when I saw all my work was still there. The sudden deletion of my Favorites still remains a mystery though.

Sqk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you log into Windows under a different user name or something?

Favorites are stored here:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\favorites

If those files got deleted, your favorites would disappear. Or, if you logged in with a different username. Or maybe somebody clicked on the little star and un-favorited them? Hard to say.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’m just glad my custom patches weren’t lost!

Sqk