What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ansatheus

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by ansatheus »

Yes, Greg, you're right, of course. Nevertheless, it is not the same. The plugins remain in memory. If they are deactivated, the processor load still drops and it runs more smoothly. You can measure that. If I deactivate a chain plugin in Mixcraft when playback stops, then of course you stay in memory, but Mixcaft runs better.

We're talking about ways to disable processes of plugins that they don't do when disabled, such as loops waiting for audio input, etc. If I do this consistently, a few percent add up very quickly. In Reaper you have the performance monitor, which can display this very nicely.

Well good. Thanks for your patience!

Best Regards!
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Yes, I have added to this before but having used Voltage Modular since March it does demonstrate very clearly the advantages of having the ability to 'Quantise notes to Scales' and randomise quantisable midi voltages i.e. notes.
I have always wanted Mixcraft to include more ways of controlling note patterns, so I suggest the inclusion of
1. A 'Reverse Note Order' for selected notes
2. A Note Scale Quantiser
3. A Note Pattern Randomiser
4. A Note Pitch Inverter (Inverting Low/High notes around a chosen note centre).
Thanks for your attention.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
heks

Post by heks »

As someone new to Mixcraft these may be in there and I just haven't found them.
1/ Scan vst's at start up, selectable as on/off ( to start up/load quicker) and if there's problems/missing vst still have to ability to drag onto mixcraft to list it.
2/ loading effects in the mixer seem wrong way round. Say i load a limiter, the next plugin is below the limiter. Is the signal path bottom to top or as normal convention top to bottom?
3/ Not sure how to describe this, but I find the clicking on the keyboard icon and all the instrument selection very 2005 ish. Takes me back to early DAW's. It needs to look a bit smarter. Samplitude has some similar tabs but (even though "old" in style ) looks more,,,, "professional" shall we say. Not sure how to get over what I mean with that.
Mixcraft has a lot going for it under the hood, and for me is nicely stable and runs some of my vst's without issues that some of my other DAW's seem to get very upset with.
MikaB

Post by MikaB »

I am utterly new to Mixcraft, but I've been adding tracks and colour-coding them (as recommended by e.g. Fab Dupont) and notice that:

a) The choice of colours is OK but user-defined would be better
b) You can't change the colour of the Master Track. This would be good as grey or black, not a colour...
c) The colours do not show up unless you click on the track (on the left). This makes colour-coding less than helpful for quickly finding one track among several.

Fixing all of this for 9 would be great!

Off to explore more...
Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum.
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

Same
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

[quote="MikaB"]I am utterly new to Mixcraft, but I've been adding tracks and colour-coding them (as recommended by e.g. Fab Dupont) and notice that:

a) The choice of colours is OK but user-defined would be better
b) You can't change the colour of the Master Track. This would be good as grey or black, not a colour...
c) The colours do not show up unless you click on the track (on the left). This makes colour-coding less than helpful for quickly finding one track among several.

Fixing all of this for 9 would be great!
Agreed with this as we want mixcraft to look more professional and sturdy than other softwares.
You should probably add some new vst's and new UI so that more people would be attracted towards it. 8)
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I would still like to be able to use the Hollywood Choirs plugin (for some reason only worked in record mode).
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

would love per clip fx. it's nice to split a clip,add some effect, done. versus having to duplicate the specific part of the track you want to put effects on.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

MOST IMPORTANT... ALL Mixcraft 8 bugs fixed and updated in MX8 too.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

jlouvar wrote:MOST IMPORTANT... ALL Mixcraft 8 bugs fixed and updated in MX8 too.
Well, I'd wager you best let that one go.
Based on past experience and what has been clearly stated on numerous occasions, MX8 is done, all efforts have shifted to 9.
Same thing happened to 7, 6, 5.....
In other words, some time next year, MX8 will be a legacy product. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Mark Bliss wrote:
jlouvar wrote:MOST IMPORTANT... ALL Mixcraft 8 bugs fixed and updated in MX8 too.
Well, I'd wager you best let that one go.
Based on past experience and what has been clearly stated on numerous occasions, MX8 is done, all efforts have shifted to 9.
Same thing happened to 7, 6, 5.....
In other words, some time next year, MX8 will be a legacy product. :wink:
Yeah you're correct... However, it shouldn't be that way and it gives Acoustica a buggy reputation. :(
- Joe -

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well Joe I'd have to strongly disagree with both versions of your reply.

First off I'd acknowledge that refining a program like this could go on indefinitely. Literally endless quest. There is zero possibility of getting every quirk to function to satisfy everyone.

Next, imagine the smallest possible team of folks to develop and market this..... Now cut that in half. That might be closer but still an overestimate.

They sell a decent product, useful to many people despite possible minor imperfections and limitations, at a very fair price point.
When an appropriate time has passed they switch from updates to developing a replacement version with new features chosen as best possible with input from the user base.
And then offer current users an upgrade price at a point many people would drop on one good lunch.

Theres other choices. Some may be better for many people. Thats the way it goes.

Other DAW options exist with far more advanced features if thats what is needed or desired. And most have a price point to match.

The only negative I see in all this is the difficulties presented by having such an abundance of choices.

Put another way.... I know plenty of folks dicking around with six DAW's and a huge collection of plug-in's and virtual instruments whose music production doesnt benefit one little bit from any of it
Its not what matters. Possibilities are so abundant it can be crippling.....
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Mark Bliss wrote:Well Joe I'd have to strongly disagree with both versions of your reply.

First off I'd acknowledge that refining a program like this could go on indefinitely. Literally endless quest. There is zero possibility of getting every quirk to function to satisfy everyone.

Next, imagine the smallest possible team of folks to develop and market this..... Now cut that in half. That might be closer but still an overestimate.

They sell a decent product, useful to many people despite possible minor imperfections and limitations, at a very fair price point.
When an appropriate time has passed they switch from updates to developing a replacement version with new features chosen as best possible with input from the user base.
And then offer current users an upgrade price at a point many people would drop on one good lunch.

Theres other choices. Some may be better for many people. Thats the way it goes.

Other DAW options exist with far more advanced features if thats what is needed or desired. And most have a price point to match.

The only negative I see in all this is the difficulties presented by having such an abundance of choices.

Put another way.... I know plenty of folks dicking around with six DAW's and a huge collection of plug-in's and virtual instruments whose music production doesnt benefit one little bit from any of it
Its not what matters. Possibilities are so abundant it can be crippling.....
I understand what you're saying Mark and I mostly agree too, so please don't misunderstand me... I love Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, so I'll continue enjoying and using Mixcraft 8.1 Pro Studio build 418. I had Mixcraft 6, skipped MX7 and waited until most of the bugs where fixed in MX8 before buying MX8. I just think at some point Acoustica should at least fix all of the important bugs in a version before, or even after moving on to the next version. For example: The Recording Mode bug during loop recording - The Replace mode acts like Takes when you are in loop mode, and etc in MX8.
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jlouvar wrote:I understand what you're saying Mark and I mostly agree too, so please don't misunderstand me... I love Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, so I'll continue enjoying and using Mixcraft 8.1 Pro Studio build 418. I had Mixcraft 6, skipped MX7 and waited until most of the bugs where fixed in MX8 before buying MX8. I just think at some point Acoustica should at least fix all of the important bugs in a version before, or even after moving on to the next version. For example: The Recording Mode bug during loop recording - The Replace mode acts like Takes when you are in loop mode, and etc in MX8.
Hi,

A lot of it comes down to timing. We fixed hundreds of bugs in Mixcraft 8, many of them much more major than the replace/takes loop mode issue. We also added new features. Nobody found (or at least reported) the replace/takes problem for over two years after we released Mixcraft 8. If it had been reported back in 2017, it would likely have been fixed by now.

None of the new features that you all have requested and that we're implementing in the new version can happen unless we stop messing with the old version.

Rest assured that when people start beta-testing Mixcraft 9, if they have any pet peeves about Mixcraft 8, they'll be sure to let us know. :wink:

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Hi,

A lot of it comes down to timing. We fixed hundreds of bugs in Mixcraft 8, many of them much more major than the replace/takes loop mode issue. We also added some new features. Nobody found (or at least reported) the replace/takes problem for over two years after we released Mixcraft 8. If it had been reported back in 2017, it would likely have been fixed by now.

None of the new features that you all have requested and that we're implementing in the new version can happen unless we stop messing with the old version.

Rest assured that when people start beta-testing Mixcraft 9, if they have any pet peeves about Mixcraft 8, they'll be sure to let us know. :wink:

Greg
Granted I didn't buy MX8 until the end of last year or beginning of this year (I don't remember exactly when), but I ran into the replace/takes bug within a few days after getting MX8, but I didn't realize it was a bug until someone else posted about it, then I sent you a PM, but unfortunately it was too by late by then. Hopefully it gets fixed in MX9 and at some point it's also updated in MX8 too. Anyway, I was just sharing my thoughts, but overall I do really like MX8P, so thank you very much.
- Joe -