New song from Metatungstick. Using Beatcraft! :)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

metatungstick

New song from Metatungstick. Using Beatcraft! :)

Post by metatungstick »

Heres a new song for the upcomming E.P.
Just made it this weekend.
The sound on this song is not so good, homemade. :)
Its Called: Walk Alone. You`ll find it here: http://www.myspace.com/metatungstick
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I like the song itself, and the drums and mix are much better than the last one. The only thing I don't like is the buzzy guitar tone (the clean one is fine).
The bass seems kind of burried, and needs some high mid for my taste, but all this is preference i suppose.
Vocals are nice and out front, sounds good!
metatungstick

Post by metatungstick »

HI!
Eric!
I totally agree with you on most of the things you say! :)
But I always get to litte time at the end, when I`m at my homestudio. You see my home studio is 3 hours of car driving away from where I live.!! HEHE! So everytime I come home, and listen to the songs on my stereo, I hear all the mistakes. :(
But! Now we are finaly ready for the real studio! We`re gonna use a producer called Rune Thoen, and he is very good when it comes to the sound stuff!!! So the next time you see a new MetatungsticK song here, I`m sure you will be sadisfied with the sound!
Have a nice day!
Lasse.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

So you won't be using Beatcraft or Mixcraft on the next recording?
metatungstick

Post by metatungstick »

HI!
HEHE!
The songs we are going to record in the pro. studio, are the songs that you have already heard. Its just going to be an E.p.
The producer said he`s got 100 gig of drumsoundsamples.
And in one way or the other he said that we are going to use the drumprogramming that I have allready made with the beatcraft, but that he is going to replace the drum sounds.
Using midi or something. I`m not sure?
So it seems we will still be using beatcraft!!! :) But of course I will spend a lot of time, fine programming it really well! HEHE!
When it comes to the guitarsound, when I play the first guitar, the sound is great, but the morre distorted guitars I record, the guitar sound changes. Its almost like the Korg d 3200 cant seem to handle much distortion being recorded?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

When you are done, please come explain how they replaced the sounds in the beatcraft projects.
Guitar sound, the problem is the sound of the amp, there is too much high and not enough mid.
Believe it or not, if you run an amp (most of them) flat, it sounds best live or recorded that way. Then you can tweak using the studio eq's from there.
Your tone is very thin, this makes any notes hard to pick out, it just sounds like a constant buzz.
Mid Range is your friend (I know I said that before).
Also, too much low in a guitar can clash with the bass guitar. Guitar lows are generally around 100hz, which is a common frequency, so unless you plan to pull 100 out of the bass guitar, keep it down on the 6 string.
Just a bit of advice, looking forward to hearing your EP!
metatungstick

Post by metatungstick »

YO!
Cool!
I`m learning alot from you Eric. Thanx! :)
You see! I always hated the mid tones, and always adjust the mid section down on the EQ! HEHE! I dont actually know why I`m
doing that!! :roll: But the next time I adjust the guitarsound, I`m defenetly gonna try to add some mid tones!!! Usually its like bass FULL!!! , Treble FULL , Mid OFF!! HEHEHE!
What and how he is going to do to when it comes to the drums, I`m not to shure about, but he said something about us using the drums I allready programmed, and use his drum sounds??? When I know exactly what his talking about I`ll tell you. I dont talk to him so much. Its not like his a friend, his a producer, that said yes to produce the E.P. Well, Thanx, and have a nice day!
Lasse
:)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes, I think everyone who plays hard rock or metal starts off with the eq set like that because they think it sounds tough. But you are actually killing the frequencies that will cut through in a recording or through a PA system when playing live.
I know turning down the mid makes you sound more distorted and covers up mistakes, but in the long run, after you get used to it, you'll wonder why you ever did that.
metatungstick

Post by metatungstick »

HI!
Yeah!
I know that when it comes the the vocal sound. But I didnt think of it on the guitars! HEHE!
But I promise to change!! HAHA!! See you!
:)
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Good luck with your ep recording, we can't wait to hear it!