captain chords

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

mase

captain chords

Post by mase »

Hey all,
Has anybody had any experience using Mixed in key's captain chords plug in with Mixcraft?
There is no demo version, so it would be good to know if it works ok :)
Thanks.
fmm

Re: captain chords

Post by fmm »

hi I have captain plugins there are some bugs with mixcraft that I notice not mixcraft per say I don't think mixcraft and captains chords are compatible as of yet !!!! may be me . I have not spent much time with captain chords yet I have created a few short projects and enjoyed thanks eric
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

I have Captain Chords too and have had no problems with it in Mixcraft 8.1
It works well.
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Hello,

Sorry, but, Captain Plugins V3.0 does not work at 100% with Mixcraft. :(
-you have to insert an empty clip on the Midi track to launch the playback
-playback is not synchronized with Mixcraft
-recording with the computer keyboard not work correctly

If someone has an idea ?
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Not quite sure what you mean.

Simplest way to get going is to add Captain Chords to a track then add another instrument such as Pianissimo.
Then create your progression, select VST output in Captain Chords then copy the notes from Captain Chords to your Mixcraft track and press play. You would hear the Piannisimo notes.

To hear just the Captain chords sounds, disable Piannisimo in the instrument track and switch from VST output tab to Audio tab and you will hear the instrument associated with Captain chords.
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Simplest way to get going is to add Captain Chords to a track then add another instrument such as Pianissimo. Then create your progression, select VST output in Captain Chords then copy the notes from Captain Chords to your Mixcraft track and press play. You would hear the Piannisimo notes.
Yes, this is the basic use.

But Captain Chords allows more things. For example, it's impossible to use the piano roll of Captain chords without having a clip on a track, because Mixcraft refuses to trigger playback with empty track.
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Olivier,

I see what you mean now, however, for me I work around it using midi - if I want to try different sequences I copy the midi either to a track or to the performance tab- as such I don't have an issue with this but I agree it could be more convenient.
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Moreover, in Mixcraft, when playing with a Midi keyboard (tab Play in Captain Chords) the chords are not played and displayed.
It's time for Acoustica to release Mixcraft V9, a lot of plugins no longer works with the V8, hoping that Acoustica will correct all these issue with the V9. (I don't know when the V9 will be available)
Has less than an update of the V8, but I do not think, because Acoustica is working on the V9.
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

The problem remains the same with MC 9 :(