Beta testing sign-up for Mixcraft 9

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Greg

Beta testing sign-up for Mixcraft 9

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

We're gearing up to start beta-testing Mixcraft 9 soon, and we'll be needing some beta testers.

We're looking for testers with some level of technical expertise who are able to file good bug reports that lead to squashed bugs. We'll need to know the steps that are required to duplicate the bug (if possible), and in some cases we'll need to see mixcraft-log.txt files and mixcraft-crash.dmp files from: %appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

At some point after you sign up, we'll send the beta team an email to get things going.

This will be beta software - so there will be bugs. Don't use it for important projects.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Anorax

Re: Beta testing sign-up for Mixcraft 9!

Post by Anorax »

Do we have to reregister for the beta team or will you roll over previous lists?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Beta testing sign-up for Mixcraft 9!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:Do we have to reregister for the beta team or will you roll over previous lists?
Hi,

If you were getting beta emails before at the same email address, you don't have to apply again. Anybody who has changed email addresses since then should re-apply.

Greg
Tranceprod Dan

Re: ¡Beta testing sign-up for Mixcraft 9!

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

Look forward to another round of beta testing!
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
pauldeanwells

Post by pauldeanwells »

I hope I am posting this in the right spot. I just got the beta team email to download Mixcraft 9! I have been looking forward to beta testing it! I am watching the YouTube video that was linked in the email and loving the new features that are being discussed in the video. Mixcraft 9 looks awesome! The new look is great. Great job everyone! I have been using Mixcraft since version 6. Currently I have Mixcrraft 8 Pro Studio and have a couple questions about Mixcraft 9. I noticed the setup for the Mixcraft 9 beta is for Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Will current Pro Studio users be able to install the Pro Studio version for the beta? If so, is there another link for it? Also, will we run into more issues if we have Pro Studio 8 and beta 9 on the same machine? Do we just install in Trial mode or is there a key for the beta? I've seen it both ways with other betas I have tested. Mixcraft keeps getting better with every version. Thanks for continuing to put so much work into it!
Paul Dean Wells
pauldeanwells@outlook.com
System specs:
Asus GL753ve
Intel i7 2.8GHz with boost to 3.8GHz
16GB Ram
4GB GTX 1050ti
Intel 630 for displays
Windows 10 x64 build 18362
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

Not sure where to post this, but is Melodyne included in this beta test? I loaded up an old mx8 project and it said it could not load the Melodyne data, but the button for Melodyne did appear...until I clicked it then it went away!

Let me know so I can test that aspect as well :)

Cheers!
T
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
A/V Production Engineer/Parody Artist
My YouTube Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I'm not a MX9 beta tester, but I'd like to view the MX9 YouTube video, link?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jlouvar wrote:I'm not a MX9 beta tester, but I'd like to view the MX9 YouTube video, link?
Hi,

The video is for beta testers. Please don't post the link publicly.

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Okay, thank you.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
pauldeanwells

Post by pauldeanwells »

tjdover wrote:Not sure where to post this, but is Melodyne included in this beta test? I loaded up an old mx8 project and it said it could not load the Melodyne data, but the button for Melodyne did appear...until I clicked it then it went away!

Let me know so I can test that aspect as well :)

Cheers!
T

I was wondering the same thing about testing features that are in the Pro Studio Version When I posted some questions up above. I noticed the beta download is the Recording Studio version. I wonder if that is the only version for beta testing or if we will be able to test the Pro Studio version. Either way, it is nice to be able to try out some of the new features and help submit any bugs. I think it looks great with the new look!
... BTW tjdover, I checked out your YouTube channel from your signature. You have some awesome stuff on there! I subscribed to it :) "The Next Doctor" was really good. Some cool music for sure. I am looking forward to checking out more of your channel.
Paul Dean Wells
pauldeanwells@outlook.com
System specs:
Asus GL753ve
Intel i7 2.8GHz with boost to 3.8GHz
16GB Ram
4GB GTX 1050ti
Intel 630 for displays
Windows 10 x64 build 18362
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

In the past, the beta versions have been the standard "Recording Studio" versions.

It will likely be the same as a trial version, fully functioning as is Acoustica's norm. Little fear of the early versions "timing out" before a new version is released. But if that should occur, an extension is usually available by contacting the beta team.I

Have fun! Here we go! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We’re not beta testing the Pro Studio version publicly, so you won’t be able to test integrated Melodyne. We need you guys to give a really good workout to Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio!

Greg
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

pauldeanwells wrote:... BTW tjdover, I checked out your YouTube channel from your signature. You have some awesome stuff on there! I subscribed to it :) "The Next Doctor" was really good. Some cool music for sure. I am looking forward to checking out more of your channel.
I am flattered, Paul! Mixcraft has been a boon to my musical expression and it is why I chose to volunteer to beta testing MX9. I've done quite a bit that is not on my channel as they were commissioned pieces the owners sell for income. I'm hoping to put more up in a few months :)
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
A/V Production Engineer/Parody Artist
My YouTube Page