Tempo vs metronome

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Greg

Re: Tempo vs metronome

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The metronome seems to match the measures for most of the project. Are you just talking about the very end with the tempo markers?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Also, have you restarted Mixcraft since you first had the problem? If not, try that.

If that doesn't help, what are the steps to reproduce the problem? Can you make a video showing what's happening?

Greg
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

I restarted Mixcraft 9 a few times already but at first, loaded the song from my PC (the one I sent to you), let it play to the end, tried to play again from the start, stopped the song, closed Mixcraft, then opened once more with the start panel and chose from the history again and again (about 5 times for this test). It took a long time loading each time, I'd say about 30 to 40 seconds, cannot say exactly but I think it's normal since I have a big VST (AGP E.Guitar), a chinese Flute (Xian), SI bass guitar from Cakewalk, all in all, 11 tracks but some almost empty, like Carillon which plays only at the end, guitar starts around the middle part
Note that I started the song each time with the metronome opened at Play only, no measure count.
So,
1, Load from PC,
2, Open the metronome at Play only
3, Play to the end,
4, Stop,
5, Rewind,
6, Play again entirely,
7, Stop.
8, Close Mixcraft (save on first time to make it open with history) don't save.
9, Open again, and restart from 1, except this time, load using history.
Those are the steps I've made a few times with the same results.

I will try to make a small video from my cam but don't know if it will work. If ever it does, will send it on Bugzilla
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're using build 431?

At what point does the tempo go off? From the beginning of the second play?

Greg
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

It is always off, every time I play it, even at the first time. It starts with the first measure of the song and continues until the end.
Note that there is a silence at the start and it's normal since it was initially played with an arranger keyboard (Ketron X1)which has an international tempo table, then saved as a MIDI song. I then rearranged the sounds, adding VST instruments and percussion.
You can note that the track notes (percussion track) in Piano roll start on the second measure, on beat 1
I think it could be the auto tempo detector, which searches for a downbeat but I could be wrong also.

Yes, using 431
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Anyway, even if the notes were a bit off, the tempo should follow the metronome click, right?
In this song it does not. I will try with another song, and be back to you.
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

All my other songs are a tempo, right on the beat, except for a few which I initially played on a synthesizer with no drum track, so normal that they do not follow the beat..
Wait...I'll test it with Mixcraft 8 and be back...

EDIT:
Ok! Forget about it and sorry. It's not MC9 fault. It plays the same in MC8 Pro Studio. There must be a glitch in the song's initial tempo table. I will have to quantize it from the first measure. Must be that the external keyboard had a different Tempo table (it was an old Italian keyboard from the 80's)

Sorry again. You can close this thread as RESOLVED or Cancelled.
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

The metronome seems to match the measures for most of the project. Are you just talking about the very end with the tempo markers?

Greg
Yes the metronome follows the measures but look at the time/measure count meter_It does not follow the metronome click and I think that's understandable due to a glitch in my keyboard, as I explained.

Thanks for helping me and sorry again for the trouble.

Impulseman