Mixcraft 9 missing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

Mixcraft 9 missing

Post by geobee »

Hi all, downloaded 9, and even though it gave me the ''installation successful'' message, I am not getting the desktop shortcut, and cannot open the program from the list of installed programs in win 7. Double checked the process and tried it again, no go. I still have 8 installed, maybe an issue there? It downloaded the installer without any problems, and went through the program install process very quickly, but no joy. Any ideas would be great. Have been here since Mixcraft 5, and no history of downloading.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 missing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Others are using it with Windows 7. Did you install 64-bit or 32-bit Mixcraft? Do you have an Acoustica Mixcraft 9 folder in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\? If you open that up, can you run the mixcraft9.exe file?

Are you looking for an icon with an X on it? (See my avatar).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
geobee

Post by geobee »

Solved Greg, I thought I had the 32 bit downloaded, but it was the 64, when I needed 32. Many thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to let us know. I guess the 64-bit installer should know better than this. We'll look into that.

Greg
geobee

Post by geobee »

Well, still have an issue. Installed the 32 bit ok, but when I try to open Mixcraft 9, it starts to initialize, but stops at TB Broadcast Multiband Compressor. The error shows that APPCRASH SND ENGINE .DLL is missing. Not too sure what to do from here.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Since you have this crash, you must not have Service Pack 2 or 3 for Windows 7, right? Do you know which service pack you have?

A couple of the Tonebooster plugins don't work with Windows 7 if you don't have Service Pack 2 or higher installed, I think. I mean, they are supposed to work with Service Pack 1, but we've seen a couple of crashes with that.

I don't think Microsoft offers the service packs anymore, because they stopped supporting Windows 7.

What you can do right now is go into your Acoustica Mixcraft 9 program files folder and rename the DLL files for TB Multiband Compressor and TB EZQ Equalizer:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 9\VST\3rdParty\TB Broadcast Multiband Compressor.dll
D:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 9\VST\3rdParty\TB EZQ Equalizer.dll

Toneboosters is looking into this problem.

And of course, upgrading to Windows 10 is a great solution if you find you're having trouble running newer programs.

Greg

Edited to add: Acoustica Eric tested Mixcraft 9 with Windows 7 Service Pack 1, and he didn't get the crash.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We may have a fix for the TB crashes as of future build 438.

Greg
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks Greg, yes, I also tried it on a different desktop with 7, and service pack one, and it is fine. I have now put it on a win 10 laptop and it works well. That computer is a 64 bit, pack 2, so I will just use it on that one. Many thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I emailed you some files to test.

Greg