Musical Typing issues

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Musical Typing issues

Post by Anorax »

Has anyone had issues with the Musical Typing keyboard only being able to play certain chords at once? e.g. When you first open it, try playing a C Major chord with the A, D, and G keys at the same time?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Musical Typing issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It’s just the first time?

We found that the number of keys you can press simultaneously varies from keyboard to keyboard.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

well for me, I've had the same key combination refuse to sound across multiple computers, all the way back to mixcraft 5.
mick

Post by mick »

I can do a CM / CM7 / Cm7 / C6.
So thats A-D-G +J/U/H or 4 other simultainious notes, in fact I can do 5 or A,S,D,F but no other so it depends. I use A microft usb keyboard @£15 since I spilled a cup of coffee on my Logitek one but that could play 4 mulitple notes as well. 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:15 pm well for me, I've had the same key combination refuse to sound across multiple computers, all the way back to mixcraft 5.
Hi,

It only happens when you first open Musical Typing? And then you can play the chord?

Or you can never play that chord? If so, have you been using the same PC keyboard since Mixcraft 5?

Greg
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Multiple keyboards across multiple computers. Here's the related bug report.

That's odd Mick, because ADG is the exact key combination that I've never been able to play, whether using a cheap USB keyboard I picked up from a surplus sale or the Surface Pro Keyboard on my Surface Pro 6.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, so probably a Windows issue and not a Mixcraft issue. PC keyboards are no replacement for MIDI controller keyboards, I reckon.

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

I just tried it again to be sure and these are the notes played all at once a - d - g - j - l - ' . my old keyboard managed 4, this new Microsoft one does 6 depending on the keys used, played as sustained arppegio or all at once. Microsoft keyboard model 600.
mk.PNG
mk.PNG (4.46 KiB) Viewed 3305 times