Mixer color...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Thomas

Re: Mixer color...

Post by Thomas »

According to Greg in another thread, the Acoustica team was not finished designing the light theme in MC 9 at time of release, and intends to release an update that will effect the mixer.

Regarding snapshots, it looks like it can be useful. Going by certain comments from others (I'm not a programmer), this feature upgrade will be a large undertaking and we may not see this until MC X comes around.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

Just wanna say I agree about the mixer colors being the whole track. The colors at the bottom are ok but full track colors would be great.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Thomas wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 pm According to Greg in another thread, the Acoustica team was not finished designing the light theme in MC 9 at time of release, and intends to release an update that will effect the mixer.
Hi,

It just makes the light theme mixer lighter. The current light theme had the regular mixer artwork.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Thomas wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 pmRegarding snapshots, it looks like it can be useful. Going by certain comments from others (I'm not a programmer), this feature upgrade will be a large undertaking and we may not see this until MC X comes around.
Yeah, I’m sure it would be a much larger undertaking... But it would be totally awesome with automation recall too. Acoustica could call it “Mix Recall”. Hoping for MC 9.x. Pro digital hardware mixing consoles have this feature. :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Reactorone

Post by Reactorone »

Yeah, I’m sure it would be a much larger undertaking... But it would be totally awesome with automation recall too. Acoustica could call it “Mix Recall”. Hoping for MC 9.x. Pro digital hardware mixing consoles have this feature.
Good idea and very useful indeed.
Mixcraft Pro Studio 9 64-Bit Build 436
Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 - 16 MB
Presonus Studio 24c / ADAM Audio T5V
Gibson SG 1983
sjwatson

Post by sjwatson »

As a software developer and a Mixcraft user, I can see both sides of the color argument. There is always a limited number of resources (people, money, time) and an ever-growing list of features that different users place a different value on. The Mixcraft Product Owner has to make decisions on how to get the most bang for the buck given the resource restrictions that exist. However, I would very much disagree that color is a waste of valuable time. The ability to add color in multiple ways is inside the DAW is a huge productivity and organizational tool. The attached image shows another DAW's use of color which allows the mixing engineer to quickly see what is going on and locate problem areas on the timeline because they are a different color than the rest of the track (in this example light blue indicates problems):
DAWColors2.PNG
DAWColors2.PNG (625 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
So in the image above you have track colors that extend to the entirety of the track, color region headers which extend the width of the region, and the ability to color specific clips on a track. This makes it super easy to differentiate drum tracks from bass tracks from vocals etc, highlight verses and chorus with headers along the timeline, and denote tricky bits within each track, all which can make the actual mix go much faster.
rickp

Post by rickp »

Really good idea if we could color the mixer like that. Would be a great add on.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Yes yes yes yes and yes!!!! This is exactly what I suggested in a post not long ago. It’s actually pretty common in other DAWS to have the mixer and the channel strip be the color, and not just the bottom portion.

For those of you that don’t do extensive VST work, I can see how you may not care, but if you’re writing a film score composition, music for advertisement production, or anything that requires orchestral VST’s, it’s much easier “visually” when grouping sections of specific parts. It’s not uncommon to run separate instances of a VST just to have each articulations within a sound split up individually by tracks. One sound can have 10 or more KS articulations, and putting each articulation on a separate track is pretty common, and the mixer color suggestion would be great.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,