AAS VST3 instruments freeze on load -fixed

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Starship Krupa

AAS VST3 instruments freeze on load -fixed

Post by Starship Krupa »

In the title, b438.

I just downloaded the latest AAS player from Applied Acoustics site (with their free Swatches collection, which updates the player to v 1.38) and gave it a test run with both VST2 and VST3. https://www.applied-acoustics.com/swatches/

Worked a treat with VST2, but the VST3 version locks up Mixcraft right away. Click to load the instrument, and before it can even show the UI, Mixcraft freezes.

Same with Strum Session and Lounge Lizard Session. VST3 locked before it could load and it took Mixcraft down with it, VST2 worked just fine.

VST3's from other companies work fine.

Since their Journeys and Entangled Species being bundled with Mixcraft was how I discovered AAS in the first place, I'll guess that I'm not the only person who uses more than just those two, so if I could get a confirm/deny that would be great. I'll tag 'n' bag as soon as I get a repro on my other system. Swatches is free, and if you want to add 400 great sounds to your palette, is well worth the registration and download.
-Erik
Starship Krupa

Re: AAS VST3 instruments freeze on load -fixed

Post by Starship Krupa »

I swear, you all never cease to amaze me.

I'm about to tag and bag what I think is my first crasher of the Mixcraft 9 cycle and between finding the error and checking it on a second system, I install the next build, and b439 cures the problem.

So....never mind. :roll:
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Re: AAS VST3 instruments freeze on load -fixed

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're slapping 'em down as we find them. That one flew right by me. I need to put more VST3 plugins in my test projects.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101