MY NEW PRINTER ISN'T LISTED IN ACOUSTICA CD LABEL

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

55Dudester

MY NEW PRINTER ISN'T LISTED IN ACOUSTICA CD LABEL

Post by 55Dudester »

I was forced to purchase a new printer, as my old one died. So I purchased a Canon Pixma TS8120 printer to print cd's. However, in the list of printers in CD LABEL, this new model doesn't show, therefore, I can't get the software and my new printer to work together. Any suggestions ?
Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: MY NEW PRINTER ISN'T LISTED IN ACOUSTICA CD LABEL

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Look for the Canon TS8000 Series template. If you don't have that, quit the label maker and download and install the Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker Label Template Updater.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Ok thanks Greg, I have it now. However now, when I ask CD LABEL to print the CD label I made, it will only print to the 8.5 x 10 paper inside the printer. So I removed all the paper inside the Canon, and tried again, but it keeps telling me the printer has no paper......As you know, I don't want it to print on paper, but rather the cd in the cd supplied try from the printer. Is there a setting in CD LABEL I am not seeing ? I never had any issues before printing with my old Canon ip7220, but this new one, doesn't play nice.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you have selected the correct template in the Paper Type setting:

Greg
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

That's EXACTLY what I did Greg, yet it still wants to print on the paper in the printer. I can't figure out why it won't allow the cd tray with the cd in it to print. Darn printers are a real pain.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Ok, got it working. Had to go into "properties" and under "Media Type" change if from "plain paper" to "printable disc" (bleed proof) Thanks Greg. One last thing. I have some printable cd's that have a large hole in the center, and another patch of printable's that have a small hole. How do I change the size of the hole in the print for which ever CD I will be printing ? Sorry for being such a pain.
Thanks again.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Ok, I figured out the different hole size thing...Had to go to "alignment" on the print page. Sorry for the bother.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Just so you know, if the name of the template contains the word "full," then that will have the smaller center hole.

In the screenshot above, I've got the Canon TS8000 Series full printable CD/DVD template selected. The template called "Canon TS8000 Series printable CD/DVD" would have the large center hole.

Greg
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Thank you Greg, I made note of that. Will there ever be a newer version of CD Label someday ?
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

Hi
I have asked this questions previously. I have the new Epson Ecotank ET-7750 and its not listed in the printer list. Can someone PLEASE fix this issue and update the software.. I have been waiting for over 6 months for the software to include the Epson ET series!!!!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Quit the label maker if it is running, then download and install the Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker label updater.

Greg
traucon

Post by traucon »

Hi Greg/55Dudester
I'm now in the same situation like 55Dudester. I've bought a Canon TS8220 and I love to use Acoustica CD/DVD label Maker to print on the new printer. However, after selecting the "Paper Type" as "Canon TS8000 Series Full Printable CD" and under the Properties, the "Media Type" was set to "Printable disc" and "Printer Paper size" was set to "Multi-purpose Tray", I still get this error: "The Media Type and paper size are not set correctly. Click Cancel printing to stop printing, change the media type or paper size setting, and print again".
Please help. Thank you.

PS: Not sure how 55Dudester got it working but it seemed he was able to print but not me. :(

Post by 55Dudester » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Ok, got it working. Had to go into "properties" and under "Media Type" change if from "plain paper" to "printable disc" (bleed proof) Thanks Greg. One last thing. I have some printable cd's that have a large hole in the center, and another patch of printable's that have a small hole. How do I change the size of the hole in the print for which ever CD I will be printing ? Sorry for being such a pain.
Thanks again.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We haven't been able to get our label maker to print directly on discs with the TS8220. Other Canon models work, but for some reason, we can't get this one to work, and Canon hasn't been much help. You might contact them just so they know that people want a fix.

With other models, there are options to choose the disk tray.

Maybe check if there is a driver update for the TS8220 to see if anything has been fixed?

Greg
traucon

Post by traucon »

Hi Greg - Thanks for your response. I will try your suggestion.
spartan7420

Post by spartan7420 »

Hi Greg, any update to this issue? I was recently forced to upgrade to a Canon TS8320 printer and I am getting the "The Media Type and paper size are not set correctly" error. I've been using your program for a while with my TS9020 and never had any issues. The TS9020 uses an "M" tray. The new TS8320 doesn't have a letter listed on the tray but it is absolutely identical to the "M" tray of my TS9020 printer.

The settings on my TS8320 are:

Media Type: Printable Disc
Printer Paper Size: Multi-purpose Tray
Paper Source: Multi-purpose Tray

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.