Up/Down arrows rather small for tempo/time sig/Key

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Tranceprod Dan

Up/Down arrows rather small for tempo/time sig/Key

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

I don't know if anyone else has any real issue with this, but the new up/down arrows for the main controls are kinda small now and I miss click on the field instead fairly often (I use a pretty bad resolution too, I can't imagine how small the target would be if I used my max resolution)
Sadly using the Mixcraft 8 skin does not help as that bit of UI is unchanging.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1016 Bytes) Viewed 2344 times
anyone else feel the same?

Also the arrows on the right side of the tempo display now control the .00 range, definitely will take a while to get used to that one.
I'm curious how many people use that degree of precision in their bpm selection.
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
Acoustica Greg

Re: Up/Down arrows rather small for tempo/time sig/Key

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, a couple of other people have mentioned the arrows. I added your comments to the feature request.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

It never bothered me before but since I read this post it's driving me crazy!

This is a great suggestion. Perhaps implement scroll wheel up/down at the same time?
mick

Post by mick »

At present you can highlight the bpm number and type the value... 60, 72, etc then hit enter. The key change arrows are also miniscule but you can also highlight and type bb for B flat, ee for E flat etc c# for C sharp >enter and so on.
EDIT: eb for E flat not ee! :roll:
Last edited by mick on Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Its necessary at times to cram a lot into a small space, especially as new features and functions get added. But it appears there is room to make these targets a little easier to hit doesn't it!
I'd suggest a little tweaking of the GUI there would be an improvement. There's some other similar issues already logged too.

FWIW, I like the change to allow a "micro" adjustment to tempo. Not something many would ever use perhaps, but on a few rare occasions I have wished for a method of smaller incremental change. Nice touch IMO.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Tranceprod Dan

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

freightgod wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:08 am It never bothered me before but since I read this post it's driving me crazy!

This is a great suggestion. Perhaps implement scroll wheel up/down at the same time?
This is true, you use to be able to click on tempo or key and use scroll wheel and now you can't. I didn't want to bring it up because I don't like to bring up too many different things in 1 thread but true, bringing back that functionality would be nice.
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit