Mixcraft 9.0, Build 442

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sulblk27

Re: Mixcraft 9.0, Build 442

Post by sulblk27 »

Hi Mark, yes I did restart the program, a couple of times to no avail. But if I open a new project the change is there. :?:
Polychrest

Post by Polychrest »

I checked for updates to Build 436 from within an existing project—lots of tracks, VSTi’s, effects— and got the “you’re up to date” message. I shut Mixcraft down, restarted it, opened a new, empty project and checked again. This time I got the 442 update notice. It installed flawlessly after I shut Mixcraft down again.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

sulblk27 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:40 am Hi Mark, yes I did restart the program, a couple of times to no avail. But if I open a new project the change is there. :?:
Interesting. Like I said, havent messed with the skins, but that sounds to me like it might be a minor bug.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

It sounds like the skin setting is project specific, which must be a bug, as it would leave no option to change the appearance even if saving the project as a new file
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi
I just updated to 442 and it went without a hitch.
Changing preferences & restart MX8 skin came up perfectly and has stuck to that each time I've opened & relieved that I now see the transport bar again, in white.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Still no update...
Tried loading a project, saving/not saving, changing audio interface, rebooting, disabling firewall, praying.
Tired...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the update isn’t working for you, you can just download and install the update from your registration email or sign into your account at Acoustica.com to download.

If anybody is using Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio, they can download the updated software here: Download Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

skarabee wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:29 pmStill no update...
Just reinstall, takes a couple of min, no fuss, you don't even have to uninstall previous, it overwrites it.

But it is odd how some of us couldn't update.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:16 pm Just reinstall, takes a couple of min, no fuss, you don't even have to uninstall previous, it overwrites it.

But it is odd how some of us couldn't update.

M
Hi,

Check for Updates is working for us here, and it also seems to be working for most people. I've given you some ideas about what might be preventing it from working on your computer, and those suggestions might help others. Mixcraft needs permission to access the Internet to check for updates, and anything blocking that would prevent it from working. You said you checked your firewall, and I assume that's your Windows Firewall. If you're certain that it is giving Mixcraft 9 permission to access the Internet, then it might be some other firewall or security software on your computer. Some people have more than one firewall. It's possible for a router to have a firewall.

Anyway, as you noted, it's easy to just download and install the latest version of the software if the update isn't working for any reason.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

sulblk27 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:37 am Hi all, silly question..again on my part. However I just installed the update and it goes well for a new project (to change the skin) to the MX 8 look, but in a current project it stays dark. What I have done: changed skins in current project, closed project opened it same dark skin. Tried the light skin in current project...same results stays at default dark skin. However when I opened a new MX9, the skin has changed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I made a new project in Mixcraft 9 and I saved it with the Mixcraft 8 visual theme, then I switched to the Dark theme, restarted Mixcraft and loaded the project. It did not have the Mixcraft 8 theme. Look at the mixer.

Greg
Rolling Estonian

How does one make sure they're allowing a program through the firewall? I went to allow an app through firewall in security settings and Mixcraft isn't on the list. My sounds library is functioning but the help file usually opens the manual and that's not working so it must be something to do with the firewall.

Thanks!

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The help file requires you to have something like Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You just need some kind of PDF reader that Windows knows to call up.

In regard to the Windows Firewall, search for Firewall in Windows 10, then choose the option to allow an app:
Allow an app through the firewall
Allow an app through the firewall
winallowanapporfeaturethrough.png (28.04 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
On the next screen, choose Change Settings, then select the option in the lower right area of the screen called "Allow Another App."

The funny thing is that I never had to do this. Maybe people clicked "no" in the past when Windows asked if Mixcraft should be trusted?

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:58 am How does one make sure they're allowing a program through the firewall? I went to allow an app through firewall in security settings and Mixcraft isn't on the list. My sounds library is functioning but the help file usually opens the manual and that's not working so it must be something to do with the firewall.

Thanks!

M
FYI: The Help File Manual now requires a PDF reader (the PDF requirement is new and it wasn't required before). :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Rolling Estonian

Did all that and MC isn't in the list when I select Allow another app, what do I select? Program files and the .exe file?

The help file doesn't automatically open the manual when selected either.

Very odd.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have Adobe Reader or some similar program installed? Make sure Windows associates the file type PDF with that program.

Yes, you'd browse to the location of your Mixcraft 9 executable file, which for most people would be here:

C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 9\mixcraft9.exe

Greg