Mix Down to Stems freezes project

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Pthetitan

Mix Down to Stems freezes project

Post by Pthetitan »

When I use the Mix down to stems option, MX9 completely freezes up and I'm not really sure what the cause is. It's happened twice, with two different projects.
Anorax

Re: Mix Down to Stems freezes project

Post by Anorax »

And it didn't un-freeze, no matter how long you waited? If it eventually started to respond again, I'd almost say that the GUI locked up while it bounced your stems in the background, but if it never un-froze then there's something else going on.

Next time it happens, make sure to find the Mixcraft log file and send it to support so they can get a better idea of what's happening:
Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 amTo find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mix Down to Stems freezes project

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, as Anorax points out, sometimes a freeze is really a bunch of furious processor and hard drive activity that's taking longer than usual.

If that's not the case, make sure you've got build 442 of Mixcraft 9. If you're using an earlier build, try updating.

If it's happening with build 442, we'd like to see a log file.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101