Occasionally issue with Piano Roll

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Occasionally issue with Piano Roll

Post by BillW »

Just curious if anyone encountered this -
Very rarely, but enough to be annoying, the piano roll stops responding to mouse clicks.

I always have it undocked on my second monitor. There are times when I try to scroll or click on the midi-editing or other things and it doesn't respond.

The workaround seems to be docking it and then undocking it again. (EDIT - yes, it does respond in the window area for moving or resizing or docking again, just not the drop downs of the scroll, notes etc)

I suspect this is a rare issue, maybe no one else has experienced it. And I suspect it would be near impossible to duplicate it by the support team, so I'm not asking for any check on there part. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Occasionally issue with Piano Roll

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 9? Do you have build 442? If not, try updating.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
BillW

Re: Occasionally issue with Piano Roll

Post by BillW »

I'm on V9.442

As I said, this is very sporadic and not very frequent. If I ever detect a pattern or series of steps that seem to cause it, I'll report it.

I was just curious if anyone else experienced something similar. I'm not ruling on my refurbed machine, which seemed to have some trouble managing multiple instances of Mixcraft previously.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.