Problem mixing down with DB-33 hammond emulator

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Problem mixing down with DB-33 hammond emulator

Post by BillW »

Here's a real strange one. I'm using the DB-33 plugin for organ parts. I have several other tracks - a guitar that I've played and recorded. then a bunch of midi instruments (horns, drums. bass, piano).

When I mix down what I have so far, there is a very unpleasant undertone - actually pretty loud. I was able to quickly determine it's the DB-33 causing it (when I mute it and mix down, it's fine)

I thought maybe it was the particular drawbar settings so I tired it with several others but it does that every time.

HOWEVER, if I solo it and mix down it sounds perfect on it's own. It's just in combination with one or more of the other tracks. I haven't experimented yet to see which one or ones it is.

Probably a bug with the plugin. I'll try the built in hammond plugin later to see if that's it - probably is though.

There is a work around I assume. I can mix down to two files - one with all the tracks and then one with just the organ. Then in the mastering project I'd have two files (tracks). Certainly not a deal breaker but a bit disappointing given I paid for DB-33 (I think? It's been a while - but I have a license on iLok so I assume so)
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Problem mixing down with DB-33 hammond emulator

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
BillW

Re: Problem mixing down with DB-33 hammond emulator

Post by BillW »

Hi Greg -
I knew that! But forgot.

I had it set right in MX8 but forgot this bit of wisdom when I upgraded to MX9. So I set it (48000 for both now) and it's great.

Thanks much!
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.