IK MODO Bass and MODO Drums with MC9..?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

squeakie

IK MODO Bass and MODO Drums with MC9..?

Post by squeakie »

Anyone using either one of these with MC9..? It sucks IK doesn’t allow trial downloads of their products.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
GovernmentMule

Re: IK MODO Bass and MODO Drums with MC9..?

Post by GovernmentMule »

Hey Squeak, if you are looking for compatibility with MC9 I have not updated to 9 yet. But I have had no problems with IK Modo Bass running with Mixcraft 8 Pro or any other DAW. I see no reason it should give you problems. I do not have any experience with Modo Drums. I do have Sampletank 3 and Amplitube 4 from IK and also have not had any problems.

If you are looking for a review, I have had it about 2 years. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread when I first got it for an analog bass sounds. Don't get me wrong, it is still good and I still go to it a lot. But as always it is nice to have different flavors around. It is probably one of the 4 or 5 programs or sound modules for bass sounds that I go to. And with all the equipment in your signature it would another good tool to have around for bass, especially rock, pop, blues type of music.
Im sure you can find tutorials on YouTube that can go into the controls included and different bass sounds better then I could. Good luck.
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Thanks for the reply! Software like this really spikes my interest because it utilizes physical modeling. I’ve got SampleTank 4-SE, and Philharmonik 2-CE. Philharmonik runs fine, I cannot get ST4 SE to work though. Again, thanks for the info, glad to see it works. Are you running the VST, VST2, or VST3 versions? Apparently MC has issues with the VST-3 versions of IK software.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

I just looked and I have both VST2 and VST3 of Modo installed on my computer. I always go with VST3 if installed. I do not ever remember having a problem with VST3's, although I have read a lot of people having problems with them ( knocks on wood, I probably just jynxed myself). I mostly dabble in rock, blues and hard rock type genres, and Modo is good for that. I see that it is $299 right now which is expensive, I believe I paid $199 back then on sale. I also have seen it for $99 recently. If I lost it I would buy it again on sale.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Modo bass on sale for $99 right now until March 2.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... iheartmodo